• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS

rep308

NES Member
Something I agree with and can get behind:

Utah lawmaker moves to disarm BLM, IRS, says ‘They’re not paramilitary units’
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/30/bundy-aftermath-utah-lawmaker-moves-to-disarm-blm-/

Rep. Chris Stewart of Utah, concerned about the armed agents that surrounded Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s property, introduced a bill to cut funding for any “paramilitary units” that work for the Bureau of Land Management, the Internal Revenue Service and other federal regulatory agencies......

...Mr. Stewart said it’s high time the government end its practice of arming its own special units for various agencies, like the BLM and the IRS.

“They should do what anyone else would do,” he told the Salt Lake Tribune. “Call the local sheriff, who has the capability to intervene in situations like that.”......

i read somewhere that even food inspectors are armed in california. i never understood why these agencies need to be armed.

i read somewhere that even food inspectors are armed in california. i never understood why these agencies need to be armed.

They don't, and shouldn't be.

My accountant told me the IRS paid him a visit last year, the showed him their badges and guns, he said "Ooooooo, you have badges and guns now". You see, he used to work for the IRS. They told him that they wanted him to file all his clients electronically. He told them to show him in the code were it says he has to do it that way, they said it's not in there but they want him to do it anyway. He told them to go pound sand. They said they would be be back, he asked them if they were going to bring the SWAT team? They left and he has not seen them again.
This is the kind of crap that this administration has fostered and it is not slowing down. So glad someone is taking them to task.

Its called bureacracy... multiple redundant agencies to build jobs and spend money... or in this case to employ multiple officers and make sure they use up their budgets. Its absurd. Even if you thought these agencies should have an armed element there is NO reason they couldnt share a police force.

Mike.

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

You haven't really "made it" as director of a federal alphabet agency if you don't have your own paramilitary police force.

this

at least not peaceably

When i history has any significant change come without some bloodshed? It is absolutely going to take a Boston Massacre type event to kick it off. In this technical day and age it truly will be a "Shot heard around the world". Once one of these non law enforcement agencies drops the hammer on a citizen during a protest it is all over. Especially once people start dragging out the children orphaned by the .gov and parading them around for the media. There will be blood in the streets. If not, I'm getting off this sinking ship...

Back
Top Bottom