Utah gun license help!

How's it going guys first ever post. I just needed a little info on this topic. I have recently signed up for Utah/fl/ and I believe Maine licensing...I have a MA class A ccw but with a sporting restriction. Will Utah give me a class a with no restriction? Or will my MA restriction get lifted? I'm just a little confused on this law and why I have a flipping restriction anyway! But if someone could help me out with some info I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guy. Stay safe and happy shooting!

oh yes they do, if your state does not reciprocate with other states, they want a copy of your state license. don't know

what they will do.maybe nothing.

Yah Utah doesn't reciprocate in MA. And I was just told Utah doesn't have any restrictions. FUK The commonwealth!

oh yes they do, if your state does not reciprocate with other states, they want a copy of your state license. don't know

No. They only care about your carry permit IF they reciprocate with your home state. I have my UT and didn't need to document my MA LTC since Mass. doesn't reciprocate with UT.

So OP, you should be fine getting your UT even with your restricted MA LTC.

You do not even need a MA license to obtain a Utah. You need to take Utah required class. Submit fingerprint card, Drivers license, passport quality photo.

take the advice of posts 5 & 6---Utah only cares about your suitability and a class that covers their requirement

this will (should) be explained when you take the class

[laugh]
Utah doesn't give a **** about anything from MA.
Take the "class", fill out your forms and pay your fee.

QjjzlXf.png

vlcsnap-2009-09-04-18h04m45s95.jpg

It took me so long to get an appointment to apply for my MA license that I had both my Utah and Florida NR's in hand before my MA application was submitted.

F'd up story about the Utah licence, true and just happened to my cousins buddy. I know its true because after the ATF took all the guys guns my cousin is now the new owner of said guns!

Guy apply s for Utah license, ATF does FULL backround check and finds something 30 years ago in Philly, it was like 19 yr old with loaded concealed weapon, Philly doesnt prosecute back then for this but still on his arrest record. He has a MA CCW license. ATF says you are not suitable for the Utah licence and tells him 2 weeks to get rid of all your guns and wants proof, and yes they did go to my cousins house to see proof he had all the guns. They dont take his MA license? I wouldn't believe it if someone else told me this story but it is true.

ATF tells my cousin they do a "more thorough" check when someone applies for the Utah licence because its good in 32 states?

How is he not suitable..No Convictions???
F'd up story about the Utah licence, true and just happened to my cousins buddy. I know its true because after the ATF took all the guys guns my cousin is now the new owner of said guns!

Guy apply s for Utah license, ATF does FULL backround check and finds something 30 years ago in Philly, it was like 19 yr old with loaded concealed weapon, Philly doesnt prosecute back then for this but still on his arrest record. He has a MA CCW license. ATF says you are not suitable for the Utah licence and tells him 2 weeks to get rid of all your guns and wants proof, and yes they did go to my cousins house to see proof he had all the guns. They dont take his MA license? I wouldn't believe it if someone else told me this story but it is true.

ATF tells my cousin they do a "more thorough" check when someone applies for the Utah licence because its good in 32 states?

Uh sorry, but the "ATF" has nothing to do with Utah BCI.
The "ATF" doesn't declare someone "suitable" or not in Utah's CCW process.

That story reeks of BS.
Your cousin isn't telling the whole story.

One last thing.
"Suitability" only exists in commiamerika.
In free America, you either are a prohibited person, or you are free to own and carry firearms.

Back
Top Bottom