• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Utah / Florida Multi-State CCW Course in Mansfield with Mass LTC Option

I am really pleased to once again offer the Utah / Florida multi state Conceal Carry (CCW) Certification Class with NRA Training Counselor Robert McDermott. Robert is one of the finest instructors and gentlemen I know, and I can promise you an enjoyable and productive day.

Where: RKBA Personal Safety Training, 129 North Main Street, Suite 302. Mansfield, MA 02048

Utah/Florida Class $100.

When: (Nov. 26, 2011 9AM-1:00PM). At 1:30, we will be giving the 4 hour Mass. Pistol License (LTC-020) class at a special rate. $50 if you are staying after the Utah Class, and $80 if you want to just take the Mass. LTC Class by itself.

Instructor: This class is provided by Robert McDermott & Company, Inc. of West Stockbridge, MA in conjunction with RKBA Personal Safety.

UTAH CONCEALED FIREARM PERMIT COURSE
Utah is a "shall issue" state and very Second Amendment friendly. Their concealed firearm permit is currently accepted by 30 states through either reciprocity or recognition (see map), if issued to a non-resident. The course curriculum is specific to Utah, and the course takes approximately 4 hours.

We will have local police doing the finger printing during the class at no charge to the students.

For more information and to sign up, please visit RKBA Utah - Florida Multi-State CCW Firearms Course

Residents of MA, RI and CT do not need to have a home state license to attend the course or apply for a Utah permit. The fee for a Utah 5-year permit for first time applicants is $65.00, and renewals are only $15.00. A Utah permit is a must for business travelers, RV’ers, motorcyclists, truckers, vacationers, firearm competitors, big game hunters, handgun enthusiasts, etc.

The Florida Department of Licensing has approved our Utah course for Florida nonresident license applicants, plus Utah BCI has approved our format for a course completion certificate for issuance to students for submission with Florida applications.

Students who attend our Utah course will receive both Utah and Florida application packages.

Official Utah Reciprocity and Recognition Information

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

Official Florida Reciprocity and Recognition Information

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/new...led_carry.html

Last edited:
Can I ask, how are you doing the live fire requirement for Florida's license?

I just copied this from the current Florida application which is downloadable here. I have corresponded directly with the Florida Dept. of Licensing, and they have responded to me in writing that this course meets their training requirements. As you can see, most courses are now acceptable to them now, including NRA Home Firearm Safety and Hunter Education courses which are also non live fire courses:

Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. A copy of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable:

 any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency in another state;

 any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;

 any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;

 any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;

 any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by the National Rifle Association.

The copy of the training certificate/document must be clear and legible. The certificate/document must include your name, the instructor's name, the instructor's signature, and the instructor's certification number.

Other acceptable forms of training documentation include the following:

 documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in organized shooting competition;

 active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a firearm gained during your service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period;

 former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.

Last edited:
I just copied this from the current Florida application which is downloadable here. I have corresponded directly with the Florida Dept. of Licensing, and they have responded to me in writing that this course meets their training requirements. As you can see, most courses are now acceptable to them now, including NRA Home Firearm Safety and Hunter Education courses which are also non live fire courses:

The reason that I asked is that Florida law actually requires a live fire demo if using a course like the Utah class. We had a group contact us recently about coming back up to Rhode Island to do a combined Utah/Florida course. We've been to RI twice before to do training but have only done the Utah portion. When I explained to them that Florida requires live fire, they chose to go to a different training company (not you) who didn't require putting them through a live fire demo to fulfill Forida's requirement.

former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.[/I][/COLOR]

Note to all. If you don't have the originals, like myself, you can still get your DD214's. However, there are no comments on Honorable/DH, etc. There are no "RE" codes on the paperwork at all, so I'm not sure if these would be valid.

If anybody needs to re-attain their DD-214 for any number of reasons, here you go. It took about a month, was free, and as expected, took a few hurdles to verify that it's actually YOU asking and not some chump, which I appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom