Utah does it right!!!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Utah sent me a reminder that my LTC from them was about to expire. Very nice of them. I sent my renewal in 7 days ago. Pretty easy form to fill out and a check. Today I get my renewed LTC from them. 7 friggin days to get a renewal done. They need to start teaching classes to states like MA where you can wait months on end for a renewal. Obviously, Utah has it down right. Other states, not so much.

I got my renewal a week ago. I need to get a picture. Probably going to run over to AAA tomorrow and get a passport picture and use that.

Yes you can. I don't have a decent picture so I figure I can get one at AAA since it won't cost me anything (checked online today). Once I get the picture I can scan and upload.
I have a section of clean white wall in my office.

I also have a tripod to hold my older digital camera that has a nice flash.

Utah sent me a reminder that my LTC from them was about to expire. Very nice of them. I sent my renewal in 7 days ago. Pretty easy form to fill out and a check. Today I get my renewed LTC from them. 7 friggin days to get a renewal done. They need to start teaching classes to states like MA where you can wait months on end for a renewal. Obviously, Utah has it down right. Other states, not so much.
You are assuming MA doesn't know what it is doing. They know exactly what they are doing.

Unfortunately, the state of MA has no interest in becoming efficient. If they did, they would have done so a long time ago.
COVID and Bruen did help.

You can now renew online in Boston. No need to show up or mail a check.

My GF just renewed hers online with them after getting the letter warning her it was going to expire soon. They did make her watch a 7 minute safety video prior to finalizing the renewal.

Good to know. Mine is up for renewal in 5-6 months.

If I recall you can renew online.

I uploaded my mug, too.

Reading your post made me go take a look. Sure enough Utah is on the ball!

How do I Renew my Concealed Firearm Permit?​

WHEN

A CONCEALED FIREARM PERMIT CANNOT BE RENEWED MORE THAN 90 DAYS BEFORE IT EXPIRES OR 1 YEAR AFTER.

The Utah concealed firearm permit is valid for a period of five years. The Bureau of Criminal Identification will send a renewal reminder letter to you approximately three month prior to your expiration.

*Make sure to let us know if you move so we can update our records. If you do not, you may not receive the reminder notice to renew.

HOW

Starting May 29, 2019, all applicants for renewal of their concealed firearm permit are required to watch a firearms safety/ suicide prevention video prior to submitting application, whether submitting online, by mail, or in person. The video is available in the online renewal process and on our forms web page.

To renew online, please go to Concealed Firearms Permit. To renew over the internet the total cost is $20.75 for Utah residents or $25.75 for out-of-state permit holders. There is a $0.75 convenience fee to renew over the internet. You will need the capability to upload a passport quality photo and a copy of your own state’s concealed firearm permit or concealed weapon permit, if applicable.

To renew in person or through the mail, complete the renewal application form and return it to the Bureau of Criminal Identification with your check, money order, or credit card information.

Utah Department of Public Safety
Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 West 5400 South
Taylorsville, UT 84129

It's a function of workers per activity or activities per shift per worker.

My daughter moved to MO. She was all nervous going to the DMV to get her car and DL swapped over. They were extra helpful, quick and cheap. She couldn't understand it. Why is it hard, costly and difficult here??

Because we like it that way, I guess. It isn't just CHEOPS. It's all government in this area. You'll find pockets in small towns. Otherwise, you're F'd.

Years ago I worked at a trust co in Boston. One of hte programmers left to go work for the DOR.

My boss bumped into him about a year later. Asked how it was going. He was a pariah at the DOR because. . . . he worked 8 hours in an 8 hour shift. He was making them all look bad. [rofl]

My boss bumped into him about a year later. Asked how it was going. He was a pariah at the DOR because. . . . he worked 8 hours in an 8 hour shift. He was making them all look bad. [rofl]

My wife worked in the private sector for years. About 15 years ago she started working for the Town of Bedford and then moved to Lexington about 3 years ago. She is always bitching about all the lazy people she works with. She also get pissed when people from the town come in for help and the other workers treat them like sh!t. Her boss complains that she spends too much time with the residents and helping them do things that aren't part of her job, like calling other divisions in the town for them and sending people to the right desk and to see the right person etc.

My town (Taunton) tends to be PRETTY reasonable. But years ago I went in to talk to the bld dept about a variance on a 2-fam I owned. The woman I talked to had about 8 minutes experience in building. She couldn't build a cabin using Lincoln logs. She was clearly fobbed off from some other department for the twilight of her career.

She wanted to hear nothing I had to say. I wasn't asking for anything. I wasn't looking for special treatment. I was asking if this issue had ever come up before. (The property I own was zoned in teh 50's as a 2-fam but was BUILT in the 1890's as a 3-fam. The properties on either side are identical and 3-fam. Curious if there was some sort of way to deal with this.)

She just spouted the regs to me and told me she was very busy.

So far our encounters with the Berkley town peeps are 100% great. Very helpful. I never get why municipal workers are so bitchy. I think they are not challenged enough. I'd fire them all and start over if it were mine to change. :)

I moved recently, and sent UT DPS an email advising of change of address. 2 hours later received a reply confirmation that they updated their records. 2 hours!

I just checked mine and it expired last year, could have sworn I renewed. Now have to go through the class again.

Back
Top Bottom