• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Utah CCW Classes

Ken,

Great class... thank you very much! FYI I particularly enjoyed the anecdotal stories that helped drive home the important points.

Best,

Rich

OK, I'm just finding out about this now. Day late and a dollar short, and all that. Ken I'm interested in the next class you have.

Got my print cards in the mail on Saturday. Now I just need to go have them taken. I might have a few extra, i will see after they are done. BCI sent me six and I should only need two.

Got my print cards in the mail on Saturday. Now I just need to go have them taken. I might have a few extra, i will see after they are done. BCI sent me six and I should only need two.

WTF!!!! I called BCI and they told me that they are all the same and just use the ones from my local PD!!! I challenged her but she insisted! DAMN this crap pisses me off. Do you know who you spoke with?

I told the woman that I needed some print cards and did not go into details, after that name address and how many. Ken seemed pretty adamant about having the right cards.

I'd make the trip if the finger prints, ect were completed on sight. I'd want everything checked off and just need a stamp to mail it. I would be worth every penny.

WTF!!!! I called BCI and they told me that they are all the same and just use the ones from my local PD!!! I challenged her but she insisted! DAMN this crap pisses me off. Do you know who you spoke with?

The person I spoke with said ask your Local PD for the "FBI approved" fingerprint cards. I haven't gotten around to calling yet to find out if these are the type used in my town. I'll try and do it tomorrow.

The person I spoke with said ask your Local PD for the "FBI approved" fingerprint cards. I haven't gotten around to calling yet to find out if these are the type used in my town. I'll try and do it tomorrow.

Same thing here! She actually told me they were the "Std FBI FD258" cards. She told me "everyone" uses them......

I can't figure it, except for the not entirely unprecedented likelihood that Massachusetts does things different from every place else on Earth. I've heard for a half dozen people who have had their prints taken at their local PDs only to have Utah say they needed them on a different card. I talked to them again and finally got them to send me a large batch. When I get them I'll take one by my PD to see if they've got anything that matches.

Ken

MA as two cards - the state card and the standard FBI card. The electronic printing system used in some departments actually prints the card on blank stock. I had one done at the local PD that the issuing agency (I forget which) wanted on the blue FBI card with their info pre-stamped. The printing officer set an option to output the prints and text without generating the "card image" (all the lines and headers). I was a bit nervous since I didn't have any spares, but he got it right the first time.

My local PD uses the State of MA cards and UT sent them back rejected, but included the correct cards for me to have my prints redone.

Back
Top Bottom