Utah CCW...anyone get theirs yet? MFS July 31

ArmySGTPM

Army Veteran
Hey just wondering if anyone who took the Utah CCW class with Mass Firearms School on July 31st have received their license yet.

I took the MFS class on 7/31 and mailed my application that same day. They cashed my check around 8/10, but no permit yet.

Upate. I received my permit today, 9/23. Approximately 8 weeks!

Nice!! I am still waiting...did not mail my application until approximately August 3rd or 4th. Check was cashed 8/13 hopefully I will have my permit in a couple days....I'd like to predict Tuesday 9/28 it will come

Nice!! I am still waiting...did not mail my application until approximately August 3rd or 4th. Check was cashed 8/13 hopefully I will have my permit in a couple days....I'd like to predict Tuesday 9/28 it will come

They cashed my check on 8/11, so it shouldn't be much longer for you.

Took the MFS class on 16Oct2010
Sent Docs to Utah on 18Oct2010
Charged Credit Card on: 26OCT2010
Recieved/Denied License on: 6DEC2010

Will update as info becomes available.

/John

So, looks like a 49 day turn-around time.

Last edited:
Took the MFS class on 16Oct2010
Sent Docs to Utah on 18Oct2010
Charged Credit Card on:
Recieved/Denied License on:

Will update as info becomes available.

/John

I was in that class with you. I was the one who looked 15 and missed the bad guy with the AR in the bank. :^)

Mailed mine 10/18

Carry permit only. Any gun you buy out of state has to be transferred to your state of residence via FFL anyway.

In free states, like NH, ME, etc, you can pick up rifles and shotguns directly. Handguns must transit a local FFL before you can take possession.

For those reading a Utah CCW has absolutely nothing to do with this, anyways. It will not increase what you are able to buy or where you are able to buy it. In most states, permits rarely, if ever, have anything to do with firearms purchases, although in some states it may exempt you from a state mandated waiting period or a "one gun a month" limitation in the places that have that garbage.

-Mike

I picked up a Florida Permit that covers 34 or so states.
Its good for 7 years and you can carry any handgun you own without prior adding to the permit.

Not mine but it gives you an idea what it looks like.

Link below says what states it covers, just keep in mine the states it does not cover you dont need to visit.
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

fl_permit.JPG

I don't get the whole Utah permit thing.

To have reciprocity with other states that Utah has,don't you have to be a resident of Utah ?

Wouldn't it be like getting a NH non resident license and thinking you have reciprocity with all the states NH has ?

NO.

Its called a Nonresident permit.

But the other state that the Utah or Florida permit has reciprocity with must accept the nonresident status of the Utah or Florida permit.

To have reciprocity with other states that Utah has,don't you have to be a resident of Utah ?

NO.

Its called a Nonresident permit.

But the other state that the Utah or Florida permit has reciprocity with must accept the nonresident status of the Utah or Florida permit.

So,what states recognize the non res permit of Utah ?

Is the following true ?

Our Utah CCW Class will qualify you to receive a Utah nonresident firearms license. This license will enable you to carry a concealed handgun in the following 30 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

I was looking into it,and being as the people offering up the "class" have $100 to gain,but nothing to lose if I get into trouble,I am skeptical of the whole thing.

I dunno, as I have the Florida CCW not the Utah.

But one thing to consider not all the states that honor the Florida CCW honor the non resident permits some of them only honor the resident Florida permits and not the nonresident permits.

Check the states website I expect that Utah and its reciprocity is similar.

So,what states recognize the non res permit of Utah ?

Is the following true ?

I was looking into it,and being as the people offering up the "class" have $100 to gain,but nothing to lose if I get into trouble,I am skeptical of the whole thing.

Wouldn't it be like getting a NH non resident license and thinking you have reciprocity with all the states NH has ?

SOme states will honor any permit (res or nonres) issued by a particular state. The Utah CCW permits are recognized in a whole gaggle of states. Soem states, in order for a permit of a different state to be recognized there, require the permit to be a res, not a nonres. Michigan, Colorado are two examples that recognize other permits, but they must be RESIDENT permits.

I think this shows correctly.

More info at linky.
http://www.myutahccw.com/2008/10/what-does-utah-ccw-reciprocity-mean/

ccwstates.gif

Some states will honor any permit (res or nonres) issued by a particular state. The Utah CCW permits are recognized in a whole gaggle of states. Some states, in order for a permit of a different state to be recognized there, require the permit to be a res, not a nonres. Michigan, Colorado are two examples that recognize other permits, but they must be RESIDENT permits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom