• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA Single Stack Rigs

DAA belts are the best. They also make nice single stack pouches ($32 at benstoegerproshop.com). I'd go with bladetech holster w/o the DOH attachment.

Avoid using CR Speed pouches unless you want to buy additional spacers.

I run a DAA belt, with 5 DAA single stack racer pouches (I'm shooting minor, if major some people want an extra pouch or two). For a holster I'm running a blade-tech that is offset (no drop allowed unless you are female).

Some people like the ready-tactical mag pouches or the comp-tac belt-feed for SS.

[shameless_plug]
I have five comp-tac single mag pouches for sale, holster is sold.)
[/shameless_plug]

ETA: Some good info in this thread

Last edited:
Hey Mike, there is a thing called a "bump", which you should probably do if you ever want to actually sell those pouches! Nobody is ever going to see that add, as it is probably 1000 pages deep in the classifieds without bumping it weekly.

Nick, yeah I know. I forget I had them up there. It was only when I was searching for the other thread to link to that I found my old ad. I've got a lot of crap that I've been meaning to post for sale. I've just been too busy and unmotivated to do so.

I have Eisehow's old comptac holster, which I think works well. I use the DAA racer pouches as they allow me to use the same belt setup for multiple divisions with only slight adjustments... maybe I should buy the rest of eisenhows comptac stuff and just setup a second belt

For a holster I'm running a blade-tech that is offset (no drop allowed unless you are female).

I thought only IDPA banned the drop for males. For USPSA it depends on a measurement or some crap like that (the distance from the gun to the belt or something like that). Most people have told me it's generally legal in USPSA but not for IDPA.

-Mike

I thought only IDPA banned the drop for males. For USPSA it depends on a measurement or some crap like that (the distance from the gun to the belt or something like that). Most people have told me it's generally legal in USPSA but not for IDPA.

-Mike

Drop and offset is legal for production, L10, Limited, Revolver, and Open but NOT Single Stack. The front strap of the grip has to be above the top of the belt for SS.

Drop and offset is legal for production, L10, Limited, Revolver, and Open but NOT Single Stack. The front strap of the grip has to be above the top of the belt for SS.

Didn't know that, thanks. That's peculiar that it differs from the others on that front.

-Mike

Didn't know that, thanks. That's peculiar that it differs from the others on that front.

-Mike

I'm sure Boudrie could explain the history but I think it had to do with adopting the equipment rules from the single stack society when SS became a new USPSA division.

Hey all,
Any suggestions for belt, holster and mag holders. Shooting with a Springfield TRP SS.
I have no problem spending good money for good equipment.

Does your TRP have the light rail? In case you did not know, it is not SS legal.

Does your TRP have the light rail? In case you did not know, it is not SS legal.

Actually it is, as long as it is short.

USPSA Handgun Rules, February 2014 Edition

Permitted features
•External extractors, firing pin blocks, and other factory safety features.
•Duplicating features that are on a factory, massed produced slide available to the general public.
•Factory installed light rail attachments if the dust cover is no longer than 3.25 inches measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the front of the dust cover.

Actually it is, as long as it is short.

USPSA Handgun Rules, February 2014 Edition

Permitted features
•External extractors, firing pin blocks, and other factory safety features.
•Duplicating features that are on a factory, massed produced slide available to the general public.
•Factory installed light rail attachments if the dust cover is no longer than 3.25 inches measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the front of the dust cover.

And it makes weight

http://www.kytexgear.com/products-page/pistol-mag-carriers/1911/1911-single-stack-mag-carrier/

they make some nice slim mag pouches. I haven't tried them, but I will probably get some when I go to SS.

I have kytex pouches on my SS rig, ran them for 3 years, they are great. With 6 of them on my belt, and I can still easily reach the last one, can't be done with many other pouches. I ran a comp-tac holster, the others mentioned will be fine.

This is very important, full length rail is a no go for SS, and it must be 43 ounces or less with empty mag.

The pistol must fit the "box" with the magazine inserted too. I had to modify the base pads of my Wilson/Rogers magazines to be legal.

Im developing my SS rig now. I bought the new Double Alpha drop offset holster and turned the hanger upside down so that the frontstrap sits high enough.
The Double Alpha belt is a good choice due to its stiffness
and for pouches if you dont mind spending the extra $ for versatility, the CR speed pouches everyone uses for double stack work awsome for SS with the 5 dollar spacers. Then you have a good set of pouches versatile enough for any divison you decide to shoot.
-craig

Back
Top Bottom