USPSA SHOTGUN @ New Bedford - Sunday 10/23

Nice shoot today. Thank you to Dan Sierpina and Mark Mazzotta for the use of their swinger and windmill targets. Total of 15 slugs and 75 birdshot across the 5 stages. Thank you all for your help today. Lots of new shooters too. Great to see.

Results posted. Please let me know if there are any errors. Tx

http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20111023_newbedford.txt

Thanks to the New Bedford crew for breaking up the pistol matches with 5 fun stages of shotgun. It was good to see new people getting their feet wet with something quite foreign for a lot of people. I think some of them may have gotten the bug, a bit, if not, they did learn a few things.
Let's hope the weather for the rifle match is as nice as today was.

If anyone is interested, there are two threads about 3 gun shooting in the general competition section. Shotgun information is in both threads.

Last edited:
Great match today, congrats to the NB Crew for putting this together. I was quite shocked to "discover" how big a difference there is between a 1 oz full power slug and regular 7 1/2 shot shells. Yeah, I know, I'm a wimp, but damn those slugs hurt to shoot! I'm glad there was only 1 stage of slugs. It was a fun match, I'd never shot my shotgun before, glad it performed flawlessly. Wish I could say the same for my performance...

-Cuz.

Great match today, congrats to the NB Crew for putting this together. I was quite shocked to "discover" how big a difference there is between a 1 oz full power slug and regular 7 1/2 shot shells. Yeah, I know, I'm a wimp, but damn those slugs hurt to shoot! I'm glad there was only 1 stage of slugs. It was a fun match, I'd never shot my shotgun before, glad it performed flawlessly. Wish I could say the same for my performance...

-Cuz.

Full power slugs + pump shotgun = Ibuprofen

Full power slugs + pump shotgun = Ibuprofen

Or this

1mH-FWxxzxP05HK2uaj22GrTF16xe7Y-4di1vZHftz4JDnVNzSPlSne2aHgSAdRk-OqertPwPrV6gBCgDnjpJyjv1UJihaJYPRoi0v8swGISt3dONNajkYlcRWUOm61CHWam_zVcmynv24J01qnpDChLZ_QK66HdgMhMKHL4cU_bP_pBBtN7iqrrknetV1t2yI913ulFMpyE-rHT0CFNlJloPmDV-wJwtpgAslJkp3URpKnukd1-RMVebXTIK1n1hYcyLzFOd_gWvg6d6SxaLqa5vcyL0VXaFX-GvQKmltgDlkWRCK55k-xBZMaSb6SrTTp0

Thanks to the New Bedford crew for breaking up the pistol matches with 5 fun stages of shotgun. It was good to see new people getting their feet wet with something quite foreign for a lot of people. I think some of them may have gotten the bug, a bit, if not, they did learn a few things.
Let's hope the weather for the rifle match is as nice as today was.

If anyone is interested, there are two threads about 3 gun shooting in the general competition section. Shotgun information is in both threads.
Great shooting Dan, you did well. I would have posted sooner but my dog knocked over my beer and it went into my laptop and I had to let it dry out

Hey Cuz, Bet this is the last time you complain about recoil. I Bet your family jewels are hurting as much as your shoulder right about now!
Dave

Back
Top Bottom