• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA Production Division - Questions

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get into USPSA. I'd like to start off in Production Class. I've been trying to figure out if my current setup would be allowed in Production or if it would bump me to Limited-10.

There's SO much information on the internet that I'm actually more confused now than I was when I started, so I'd like some clarification on my current setup.

What I have now:

- Glock 19

Current Modifications:

- Ghost Rocket 3.5lb. Trigger Connector
- Stainless Steel Non-Captured Guide Rod
- Wolff 13lb. Recoil Spring
- Extended Slide Lock

Additional Planned Modifications:

- Warren Tactical Fiber Optic Sights
- Grip Stippling (Handle Only)

With my current (and intended) modifications, will this allow me to shoot in USPSA Production Class? If not, what will I need to change in order to do so?

Thank you!

I'm not 100% about the mods, I believe they are OK But I can tell you at a local match no one will care if you shoot production with those mods

I'm not an expert on the matter, but here's my take

You are fine with changing to any iron or fiber optic sights, stippling on the handle is fine. Internal parts can be replaced with OEM or aftermarket, however, external parts must be OEM.

Is your extended slide lock a Glock part?
If it not, this is the only thing you may not be ok with.

However, like Supermoto said, nobody at a local level match will care either way

At a local match none of those mods will cause you any issue, the only potential problem causer at a higher level match might be the extended lock...not 100% sure on that one.

If you're in Millis stop by the Hopkinton Sportsmans Association on a weds evening around 5:30 and we can show you the ropes, our practices are open to non-members and it's only 15mins up the road....it's a good time!

Awesome, thank you everyone. I will be taking the USPSA course on March 10 - 11 at Hopkinton and I plan on joining their club as well. I guess ill see some of you around.

About the "handle", lol... I know that might not have been the best word but i wanted to emphasize where i wanted the stippling, nowhere else on the frame such as the forward flats or the trigger guard.

Last edited:
Look at appendix E4 of the USPSA rulebook for where stippling is allowed on the grip.

The extended slide stop is allowed if it's (in your case) a Glock OEM part. Read appendix D4, 21.6.

All the other modifications are allowed. Welcome to USPSA!

It's a DIVISION

Awesome, thank you everyone. I will be taking the USPSA course on March 10 - 11 at Hopkinton and I plan on joining their club as well. I guess ill see some of you around.
Excellent! Might we have seen you @ a Wednesday evening gathering? Come on down on the 15th. We'll be running another of our ever popular steel plate matches. Look for an announcement in this very forum section in about 5 minutes. [wink] I'll be the big guy running the line. Say hi. [wave] The class will teach you everything you need to know to feel confident/comfortable attending your first IPSC/USPSA match. See HERE http://www.uspsa-ne.org/ for schedule of matches. Your gear will be fine. Just make sure you have a least 4 magazines, (more is always better) a holster and a couple of mag pouches. We always bring extras to loan out to the students of the class. We'll even teach you that equipment is segregated into "Divisions" and "Class" is a ranking based on your performance within a division. [smile] I still blame Charlie Funk. Only the old timers will understand why. [sad]

Last edited by a moderator:
So putting an FO front with a notched rear is legal on a Glock in production? good to know.

Michael- I fixed your URL for you, it was borked. [grin]

-Mike

Are the Wednesday night USPSA practices available to non club members? I've been spreading the word and I have a few shooting buddies that belong to other clubs potentially interested in attending the practices.

Are the Wednesday night USPSA practices available to non club members? I've been spreading the word and I have a few shooting buddies that belong to other clubs potentially interested in attending the practices.

practices are open to non-members, as long as you know how to operate your firearm safely come on down and have some fun. we ususally toss $2ea into the kitty for the targets used to make sure we're not a drain on club finances.

sometimes we have a shorter night due to the bullseye guys taking over the range, those evenings are listed with MHL on the club calendar at http://calendar.yahoo.com/hsasports but we still get some good practice in, just not as many runs

Back
Top Bottom