USPSA @ Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc

I am happy to share this from the latest Pioneer newsletter:

USPSA

BIG NEWS: The United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Discipline was unanimously approved by the BOD at the January meeting. The club will host five matches in 2016 on the following dates:

Sunday, April 24th
Saturday, May 28th (Classifier Match)
Sunday, July 3rd
Saturday, September 10th
Sunday, October 23rd

This means that the club will now be holding events in all of ‘the big three’ action shooting sports (IDPA, Steel Challenge, and USPSA).

For those not familiar with USPSA, it was formed by Jeff Cooper in the 1970’s. Many of the competition/safety rules used for both Steel Challenge and IDPA were developed during the early years of USPSA. As far as equipment is concerned, if someone is currently shooting in IDPA’s Stock Service Division, they would more than likely be able to use the same gear in USPSA’s Production Division.

David Bold is our USPSA Area Director, and he’s offered to help us in any way that he can with our program. We’ve also heard from our North East Section Coordinator, Dan Hurley, and he "can’t wait to shoot one of our matches."

Most importantly, we’ve received a huge amount of support from our club membership! As most people who participate in the shooting sports know, it takes a dedicated group of volunteers to run any of our discipline programs, and Pioneer is very lucky in this regard.

If you have any questions, or would like to get involved with what we’re doing, please feel free to get in touch with us.

Chair: Mike Briggs - [email protected]
Co-Chair: Kevin Anderson - [email protected]

Start times (estimates)?

I have asked Mike Briggs and Kevin Anderson those very questions.
I expect that they will be close to 8:30 registration, 9:15 safety briefing and 9:30 first shots, but remember that's a guess.
They will get the details firmed up and let us all know.

Hi Everyone,

Registration starts at 8:45
Safety briefing at 9:30 and the match will begin as soon as the briefing is done.

We will have online registration for each match, but we don't have an online payment option yet.

The name of the group will be Pioneer Action Shooters. It's been great to see the support we've been getting for this program. I look forward to see everyone there.

We'll have more information soon.

Thanks,
Kevin Anderson

Hi Everyone,

Registration starts at 8:45
Safety briefing at 9:30 and the match will begin as soon as the briefing is done.

We will have online registration for each match, but we don't have an online payment option yet.

The name of the group will be Pioneer Action Shooters. It's been great to see the support we've been getting for this program. I look forward to see everyone there.

We'll have more information soon.

Thanks,
Kevin Anderson

Is online registration required or simply preferred?
How about online prepayment?

Pioneer Site lists matches as Level 1. Does Level 1 include all skill levels?

Thank you.

Yes

USPSA Match Levels
Level I — Club matches conducted on a scheduled basis throughout the year.
Level II — Sectional or State matches conducted on an annual basis.
Level III — Annual championship matches conducted by USPSA Areas (1 - 8).
Nationals — Annual USPSA championship matches.

Level 1 just means it is a local match and some stages can have rule book exemptions

Not nearly as many as people seem to think. That said, as a newbie, don't worry about any of this stuff. As long as you can do it safely, come out and shoot. Also, one of the level one exemptions that actually is in the rulebook is that as long as the RO approves it ahead of time, someone can coach you through a stage if you need it.

Not nearly as many as people seem to think. That said, as a newbie, don't worry about any of this stuff. As long as you can do it safely, come out and shoot. Also, one of the level one exemptions that actually is in the rulebook is that as long as the RO approves it ahead of time, someone can coach you through a stage if you need it.

Good points Jeff. I didn't immediately think of the allowed coaching.

Back
Top Bottom