1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

USPSA PCC ?

Discussion in 'Pistol Competition' started by CrossFaced, Feb 1, 2019.

1. hedgehound

hedgehound NES Member

Pelham is lost? Shucks...

2. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

I have one but since it is post Heliban, I had JP assemble it on a JP lower I had in stock and used a Rock River arms 9mm adapter for Colt mags. I bought a few ancient but mint 32 round Uzi mags, and adapting them to fit that EBR (but without last round hold open). This was short work for a friend's $300K or so Japanese milling machine. The setup works flawlessly, and I don't have to choose between ignoring the mag ban or chasing down unobtainium $$$ pre-ban Glock 33 rounders.

What hurts is my JP AR9 SBR arrived at GFA Armstech on the day of the Heliban, and it was not possible to take possession on the last legal day because of the form 1 time delay. Greg at GFA liked it so much he wrote out a check to JP for the full retail price to add it to his collection.

CrossFaced and andrew1220 like this.
  3. shootymacshootface

shootymacshootface NES Member

Rutland , in the oppressive Republic of Massachuse
    I'm planning on shooting as much PCC as I can this year. They are a blast!

CrossFaced likes this.
  4. Jbarila

Jbarila NES Member

7954B133-E5DD-4992-A28A-4A15252E20D6.jpeg Just built one on an NES group buy lower
    I had collecting dust. It is fun!

bill o, daekken and CrossFaced like this.
  5. daekken

daekken NES Member

I've seen people look down on others for gear (and express this sentiment), but not for choice of firearm.

I kind of want to try both PCC and revolver, but I don't anticipate shelling out the coin on either.
    Now that Pelham is apparently done, I'm not sure how many matches I will do this year, although I do have my MA non-res.

andrew1220 likes this.
  6. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

You totally should! Plenty of guys from neighboring states, shoot matches in MA.

7. wcjkd

wcjkd

Where did u get the parts to build? Can you provide Links of how to get started?

8. eisenhow

eisenhow

Don't forget about Pioneer. Their matches fill up so sign up early.

andrew1220 and M1911 like this.
  9. Jbarila

Jbarila NES Member

Started here: https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/260772-build-a-winning-pcc/

Really like Kaw Valley carbon fiber hand guard and linear comp. Stern defense Mag well adapter rated the best and it is. You can always go to a dedicated lower but I had one and I like the idea of being able to convert back if I need to. If you have an AR upper you only need the barrel, they are the same. The buffer and buffer spring must be upgraded, blow back operation not gas block etc.

https://getstern.com/
    https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/category-s/147.htm
    https://www.hiperfire.com/triggers/

10. daekken

daekken NES Member

I'm about 40-45 from Chester, 45-50 to Pioneer, and 30-40 to Harvard. Never been to any of them before so determining where to go, layout, etc. is always kind of a nuisance.

Pelham was nice because among other things it was $10 and a 17 minute drive.

andrew1220 likes this.
  11. eisenhow

eisenhow

I used to drive 90 minutes each way to shoot at New Bedford. They used to put on great matches. Now it's 15 to Harvard, 40 to Hopkinton, 90 to Monson, and 60+ to Pioneer

andrew1220 likes this.
  12. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

You definitely need to check out Harvard and Pioneer. Can't comment on Monson as I don't shoot there (2 hours each way for me). I'm sure Monson runs a great match.

13. daekken

daekken NES Member

I am probably going to give a match at Harvard a try, although I'll need to buy (I think) 3 more 10rd magazines since my 17rders will need to stay home.

I've heard good things about Harvard in general. Hopefully it'll be easy to navigate.

andrew1220 likes this.
  14. mlaboss

mlaboss NES Member

I'm the guy who sits in the trailer and does signups for the Harvard matches. I may be a bit biased, but I think we do a pretty good job :)

We also have weekly practices from 5-7 PM on Wednesday evenings. We're in the indoor range in the clubhouse through the cold, dark winter but we'll be back outside once weather and range conditions permit. Feel free to show up to a practice if you're in the mood.

Oh and for anyone else interested in practices, unfortunately the indoor range rules do not allow any rifles other than 22LR, so no PCCs at Wednesday practice until we move back outside.

15. daekken

daekken NES Member

Thanks; registration via practiscore? Did I see correctly first match was May 12?

16. mlaboss

mlaboss NES Member

We don't do preregistration, just show up on match day and register there. I just added the May match to Practiscore so people can find the info there in addition to the uspsa-ne.org site. Yes, it is on May 12th.

There's a possibility we will add an April match if the weather is unusually good and the ranges aren't horrible mud pits, but the May match will be the first one if not.

daekken likes this.
  17. 7.62x39

7.62x39 NES Member

18. earthshine402

earthshine402

Pelham would not have been lost if we got more help. Too many shooters wanting to just shoot and not help in an all-volunteer sport. The burnout is real for those who run matches. If you guys find yourself saying "damn, too bad they are done".. maybe there was something you could have done to help that match keep going.

19. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

Is anyone using mean arms endo mags for 9mm out of standard AR mags? I haven't finished my ar9 build, need barrel and upper but I plan to.

20. Supermoto

Supermoto NES Member

Doesn't sound like a good idea since the ejector is on the mag. During ULSC you will have to put a empty spare mag in to eject the last round

21. daekken

daekken NES Member

Just seeing this post now but for the record last year was my first year doing USPSA and I went to Pelham twice, and did volunteer and help setup my second match there (last of the season). Was planning on helping again this year, but obviously moot at this point. I'm mainly bummed because I just found out they were doing it in like July, and now it's over. The class run in the spring would have been helpful as a new participant, had I known about it.

I don't do facebook and other than NES I'm not really "hooked into the scene" so unless--as was the case with the Pelham match I helped at--there's an email sent or some other communication I don't really know what's going on. Just bummed, as I was feeling like I had "found a home" for USPSA and now I'm adrift again.

earthshine402 likes this.
  22. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

You got Chester and Pioneer! And come down to Harvard and Hopkinton.

23. daekken

daekken NES Member

Yeah whenever I make my (non) triumphant debut this year, it will probably be at Harvard.