Harvard Sportsmen's Club
September 10-12
10 Stages
Approximately 239 rounds
$40.00 Fee

One squadding Saturday - One squadding Sunday
(Hopefully you'll be done by 2:00.)
(September 10 is primarily Staff shoot)
On-line squadding will be used for this match.
72 Shooter limit per day (don't delay).

Applications and additional information are available at the following website.
http://www.harvardactionshooters.com/

Last edited:
I will be catching up on applications every weekend so, unless I'm traveling, every app in the PO box by Sat will get a confirmation letter sent on Monday.

Stages have been approved by USPSA/NROI! 239 rounds over 10 stages. Clubs from throughout our area are working to give this match the most bang for your buck ... maybe even the most bang for any amount of bucks.

Still 39 slots remaining for Saturday, but pickings are slim on Sunday with only 5 openings.
Applications are available at the following website.

Stages have been approved by USPSA/NROI! 239 rounds over 10 stages. Clubs from throughout our area are working to give this match the most bang for your buck ... maybe even the most bang for any amount of bucks.

Still 39 slots remaining for Saturday, but pickings are slim on Sunday with only 5 openings.
Applications are available at the following website.

Question: Can any USPSA member shoot or is this only for people who are actually good?

Question: Can any USPSA member shoot or is this only for people who are actually good?

Shooters from all divisions (Production to Open and everything in between) and classes (GM to D) can attend. You should, without question, shoot the match. You will have a great time!

As long as you safety skills are good, and you're a USPSA member, you're most welcome to sign up. Nobody cares if you don't shoot well as long as you do so safely.

Yeah, I'm Class D in Production - so looks like I make the cut (barely)
No "just barely" about it - many Class D, or even unclassified, shooters are as safe to shoot with at the big names. Enjoy the match.

+1 Rob:

Shot with a young man of 14 at Area 7 earlier this month. Safe, sane, mature, and he patched and taped: a pleasure to shoot with - Classification is irrelevant.

Go to the match, enjoy the experience, shoot to your ability and you will be fine. This will be the best match you have ever shot so have a good time and be safe. The score will take care of itself.

To all my USPSA friends, best of luck at the match. I will see you all next year or at a non hand gun match somewhere.

Shooters from all divisions (Production to Open and everything in between) and classes (GM to D) can attend. You should, without question, shoot the match. You will have a great time!

+ Rep for knowing the difference between "Division" (based on equipment) and "Class". (based on demonstrated performance) [cheers]

I still blame E-Z score for confusing people. [crying]

I just want to say that this match was one of the BEST I have shot in a long time. My hat is off to all those who designed and built stages for this one. Also, Kudos to all the help, with out you a match of this caliber would not happen. It ran extremely well.

What a great match. If only I hadn't zeroed a 150 point stage out of the gate. That'll teach me to let my attention wander a second while reloading. I got a squib with 6 targets left to go. At least the next round didn't chamber. I didn't feel anything amiss and neither I nor the RO heard anything different.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happened. I found another round in the bag that didn't have the bullet seated all the way. I must have short stroked the handle and not noticed the lack of powder. This was my first run of ammo while getting my new case feeder up and running. I'm guessing something was going on with that that I let distract me.

Back to the match. There was a great set of stages with plenty of options for how to shoot them. I think there were only 2 stages where I knew exactly what my stage plan was right away. All the rest, I moved reloads and target engagements right up to my run. Stage analylsis and planning is definitely a weak spot in my skillset, coming from that other action pistol game. I really need to shoot more USPSA.

Best USPSA match of the year in the north east hands down. Great stages, great people and a fun time.

Thanks to EVERYONE that dedicated the long weekend and then some to their fellow shooters- we REALLY appreciate it!!

Thanks to Dan, Rob, the RO staff, the hot dog lady, and all the shooters who made the day a heck of a lot of fun. I got a bunch of tips from my squad (all great guys) on how to streamline my shooting and improve my times. Great match overall (and topping it off with a long afternoon at the 100 blasting away with my Bohica Mk III).

I'd like to reserve a very special thank you for the RO who gave me an extra miss on Stage I. Apparently this genius could not comprehend that a round that hit a cardboard "hard cover" prop was an extra round I fired at one of the targets, and instead decided that it had to correspond with one of the "C"s I shot on one of the two targets next to it. Now, I'm no ballistician, but unless the cardboard prop deflected a bullet 60+ degrees (actually, close to 90 degrees according to the hole he pointed at), that bullet was simply an extra round that hit the hard cover and then went into the berm. Yes, I understand that I should have called for the match director immediately to dispute this, but to order it taped, then tell me that I can dispute it with the match director, and then to have the taping completed and the next shooter started as I'm leaving to find the match director, that's absolute bulls***.

I don't need help getting low scores, you don't need to give me extra misses. Thanks.

Seriously though, thanks to literally everybody else for making this a great day and a great match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom