USPSA News - California’s Brad Holt Wins USPSA Area 1 Production Title

This is an official press release from USPSA.

USPSA_press_banner.gif

California’s Brad Holt Wins USPSA Area 1 Production Title

Sedro-Woolley, WA — Kingsburg, California’s Brad Holt took an early lead and held onto it to win the Production Division Championship at the United States Practical Shooting Association’s (USPSA) Area 1 match held June 26-29 in Sherwood, Oregon.

“I congratulate Brad on shooting such a strong match,” said Bruce Gary, USPSA’s Area 1 Director. “Production Division continues to grow in popularity and draws lots of competitive shooters making it a difficult division to compete and win in. Brad’s performance this weekend really stands out.”

While Holt was leading the match, Chuck Anderson of Newberg, Oregon and Alan Tag of Auburn, Washington battled to see who would take second. Anderson, who was runner up in 2007, spent most of the match trailing Tag. Anderson won the eighth stage to pull ahead but gave back the lead to Tag on the ninth. With one stage left, Anderson poured on the steam to win the stage and pull ahead of Tag to claim second.

Fourth place went to Bill Garland of Oregon City, Oregon and fifth to Kepa Zubizarreta of Boise, Idaho. Like Anderson, Garland spent most of the match behind Zubizarreta pulling ahead on the final stage. Garland also placed fourth in 2007.

“This year’s match was a great success with over 140 sponsors supporting Practical Shooting in the Northwest. We also had tremendous support from our match staff which included Chuck Anderson. How Chuck found time to coordinate our sponsors and practice I’ll never know, but it’s clear to me that next year there will be several Production Division shooters hoping I put a lot more work on Chuck’s desk,” said Gary.

The USPSA Area 1 Championships were held at the Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood, Oregon. A total of 300 top shooters competed in USPSA’s Open, Limited, Limited-10, Production, Revolver and Single Stack divisions. The USPSA Area 1 region includes Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming but competitors from Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, Virginia and British Columbia, Canada attended.

– 30 –​

About USPSA: The United States Practical Shooting Association is a non-profit membership association affiliated with the International Practical Shooting Confederation (I.P.S.C.), which is comprised of approximately 67 nations. USPSA’s now 17,000+ members and 350 affiliated clubs make it the largest and fastest growing Practical Shooting sport. For more information visit www.uspsa.org.

Back
Top Bottom