• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA @ Hopkinton this Sat June 14th

I've had a few questions tossed my way so here's the deal folks - The Hopkinton schedule is a bit short this season due to two major conflicts: 4th of July and Area 7 Championships. That means we're having a June match this weekend, then a month off, then an August match, then a month off, then the season wrap-up match in Oct. We tried to work around Area 7 but in the end decided that we wanted to put all our efforts into a quality stage for the Championship match and doing that AND trying to run a match was too much.

With that out of the way.....

The next Hopkinton USPSA monthly match is this Saturday June 14th. Stagemeister Jay is back from competing in Europe so maybe we'll see some crazy Czech flair to a stage or two. We may or may not be trying out some newly constructed props as well, who knows! So head on over to beautiful sunny Hopkinton for a fun morning with fun people doing fun things.

What: 6 stage USPSA match, including one classifier stage
Where: 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the big granite sign)
When: Sat June 14th, 8:30am first shot (start early to finish early), registration opens at 8am
Why: Because it's really fun
How Much: match fee is $20

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread of PM me with any questions.....

See you there,
Peter

So sad I have to work this weekend.

And, please, for the love of god, no swaying bridge!

All setup for the morning. Everyone do their no-rain dance. Looks like some showers overnight and early morning, clearing up by mid day

It seems like we're destined to have an odd weather season; pouring and craptastic during setup followed by the threat of rain but very few if any actual raindrops for the match. I guess I'll take that over the alternative of having rain on game day and I'm still not sure if I prefer it over last seasons 90+ heat for setup and the match...

It was another fun match! I know there were a lot of options for people today, which is a great thing because it shows how active the shooting community is even in this backwards ass state, and we appreciate people choosing to come shoot with the Heavy Hitters [cheers]. Special thanks to those that stepped up to help run a timer or nook during the day, and double secret probat....ehh....double special thanks to those that helped tear things down after the match.

Things got a little cross wired for a few shooters on the scoring devices but I think they were all HHH guys. We have more people taking a turn running the scoring devices so the squad ROs can shoot and it's great because it means that we have more people that know how to do it but while everyone gets the hang of it there's bound to be an error or two. If you see an issue with your scores please don't freak out, just drop me a line at voodochile22 at hotmail.com and I'll get it all squared away.

Remember there's not Hopkinton match next month due to the July 4th holiday, please hit the Autism Awareness match at Harvard instead and spend your unused Hopkinton match fees on raffle tickets [wink]. We'll be back in August with an all classifier match, more details to come when we figure them out.

Scores at Practiscore.com
Scores at USPSA.org

Peter

Last edited:
Did the rain scare Dave away or did he oversleep? [wink]

I guess he needed more beauty sleep.
Thanks to everyone that put the match on today. Stage 1 was bizarre but all the others were good.
I'll be absent for the match in August. Rocky Mountain 3 Gun takes priority. [smile]

Another great day of shooting in the outdoors of Hopkinton. The stages were great, the new swinger is monstrous. Even Stage 1A was not too bad (for an old guy with very bad knees).

PS. Pete, I have fixed the calendar, removed the July 5th match and updated August 2nd match to note a Special Classifier.

Practiscore.com shows combined results now!

and pete, the USPSA link is a direct link to your match scores... You kicked ass today, but you don't need to rub it in

Oopsie do...all fixed. And no it wasn't an intentional cry for atta boys....completely unintentional cry [rofl]

Here's stage 4. More to follow as I have time to upload.

[video=youtube_share;u6Xxcj1Bx-0]http://youtu.be/u6Xxcj1Bx-0[/video]

Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up.
Here's a few more:

Stage 2

[video=youtube_share;70xQph06Y2c]http://youtu.be/70xQph06Y2c[/video]

Stage 3

[video=youtube_share;A-5mhjeJjaU]http://youtu.be/A-5mhjeJjaU[/video]

Stage 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom