• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA at Hopkinton Saturday May 6

SJan

NES Member
Since our first scheduled match was cancelled, the Hopkinton heavy hitters first match of the season will be on Saturday May 6. There will be 6 exciting stages including a classifier. All current and provisional USPSA divisions will be recognized. Registration will open around 8am, please please be there no later than 8:45 for the shooters meeting, followed by first shots at 9am

As usual, we could use some help with staffing, If you are a certified RO willing to run a squad or can run the Nook full time that's $10 off and greatly appreciated. Just let us know at registration or contact me ahead of time.
Setup is Friday afternoon starting around 2pm and extra hands are always welcome. Match setup help gets $10 off match fee!

95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the big granite sign)
Sat May 6, 9am first shot, registration opens around 8am
match fee is $20, Juniors fee is $10

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread or PM me with any questions.
See you there

ps
Our matches for the season will follow our first Saturday of the month schedule (unless otherwise posted here http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.html )

Hmmm. IDPA match at Woburn/Bedford (45 min from my house) or USPSA at Hopkinton (hour and 15 min away)?....

Haven't made it out to Hopkinton before. And I would like to work on getting classified before Area 7 in September...

I've been wanting to try the new Shadow 2 at a match but I'm registered for single stack for Area 7. So running the classifier for production would be kinda silly.

Last edited:
How's the weather forecast for this?

(I'm 120mi southwest)

I just watched the latest channel 5 and 7 weather forecasts and it looks like it's going to be off and on rain until early afternoon when it clears...

How's the weather forecast for this?
According to the National Weather Service a few minutes ago:

Saturday Showers, mainly before 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 67. South wind 7 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

High afternoon temp predicted as 67 F.

So bring your raincoat if you come lol.

That's a good drive (120 miles)....Where abouts in CT are you? I spent the last 6 months working in Waterbury ([rolleyes]) but drove down to Bridgeport and Orange for weekly indoor steel plate matches. Wasn't sure if you were in that area of the state.

So bring your raincoat if you come lol.

That's a good drive (120 miles)....Where abouts in CT are you? I spent the last 6 months working in Waterbury ([rolleyes]) but drove down to Bridgeport and Orange for weekly indoor steel plate matches. Wasn't sure if you were in that area of the state.
Shoreline, Guilford. About 15 east of New Haven. So, Orange is about 25min West on I-95 and BPT is probably 10-15min past that.

A few local guys are driving up for this and I have talked to a few more that say great things about the club and the job they do putting these events on, so I'd love to hit the season opener. It'll depend on my daughters and soccer tomorrow though. We've been getting dumped on with rain today, so it's possible the field might be under water. Waiting on that email! Haha

I was just at the ranges doing some non-match work, and expected to see the setup crew. Looks like they made an early day of it - all stages were set up when I arrived at about 3:30, and they look pretty good. They did not shortcut the qualify because of the deluge.

Great match today. Thanks to the crew for putting it on. The weather wasn't too bad. I only shot one stage in real rain, two in drizzle, and the rest dry.

Great match today. Thanks to the crew for putting it on. The weather wasn't too bad. I only shot one stage in real rain, two in drizzle, and the rest dry.

+1

Thanks to the Hopkinton Heavy Hitters for putting on a great match.

If only they could work on the weather.

For those that haven't found them on their own yet, scores are up... https://practiscore.com/results/new/35575. They've been up since before I left the range but I had to get right to parental duties so I haven't had time to post the link. Thanks to the larger than expected crowd who came out to shoot in the rain. By the time I knew we needed 5 squads it was too late to mess with it so thanks to all who kept things moving along with the larger squads.

It's a 360* video. It works from a PC or tablet. Altho it just worked on my phone. I can see myself in it [smile]

Back
Top Bottom