• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA at Hopkinton Saturday June 3rd

SJan

NES Member
The Hopkinton heavy hitters next match of the season will be on Saturday June 3rd. There will be 6 (maybe 7 ?) exciting stages including a classifier. All current and provisional USPSA divisions will be recognized. Registration will open around 8am, please please be there no later than 8:45 for the shooters meeting, followed by first shots at 9am

As usual, we could use some help with staffing, If you are a certified RO willing to run a squad or can run the Nook full time that's $10 off and greatly appreciated. Just let us know at registration or contact me ahead of time.
Setup is Friday afternoon starting around 2pm and extra hands are always welcome. Match setup help gets $10 off match fee!

95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the big granite sign)
Sat June 6, 9am first shot, registration opens around 8am
match fee is $20, Juniors fee is $10

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread or PM me with any questions.
See you there

ps
Our matches for the season will follow our first Saturday of the month schedule (unless otherwise posted here http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.html )

Hoping to make this match. Been wanting to get out to Hopkinton for the first time.

I'll also be making every effort to attend this match. Let's hope the weather holds out!

Planning to be there (unless the baby comes early). I'm not a certified RO, but I'd be happy to run a Nook.

Hopefully be by to help setup on Friday, too, if the staff meeting gets out on time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quick Question: Hoping to come help setup. The soonest I can get there is about 5:00pm. Will that arrival time be helpful?

Actually we have offered drinks and snacks for sale at our matches in the past. It is a matter of having our statsman's kids there to help since we need all of our staff available to run the match.

No big deal. Just wanted to know so I could plan ahead. Thanks guys.

I am flying from San Francisco to Boston on Friday night, arriving Saturday morning - thus, it my flight is not delayed, I will show up and bring a lot of coffee with me :)

Quick Question: Hoping to come help setup. The soonest I can get there is about 5:00pm. Will that arrival time be helpful?

Probably not

I hope to be done with everything and on my way out of the range by 5-6pm the latest.

There have been a few times when I and a limited setup crew were there until about 8pm. By the time I get home and get some food in me, I have no chance of a good nights sleep before having to get up to get to the range for about 7am on match day.

Last edited:
I showed up at 4 PM for the last one and all I found was setup stages and on person looking to work (who was glad to help me with another club project).

Actually we have offered drinks and snacks for sale at our matches in the past. It is a matter of having our statsman's kids there to help since we need all of our staff available to run the match.

Those kids probably have 17 soccer, lacrosse and badminton games that day

Are there more of these types of events? Is there a list of events? I've never gone to one and I'd like to try. I'm busy the 3rd, though.

It turns out I may finally have a free day and can make it out to Saturday's match. Recently joined HSA and have been wanting to get involved but have only shot pin/plate matches in the past. Been searching through the threads and came across some of you recommending this setup for a holster: http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-b...e-pouches-double-alpha-academy-daa-belt-deal/

This still what you guys that have doing this for a while would recommend? Not concerned about the price, would rather buy once, cry once. Likely going to shoot my P226 SAO on Saturday. What else do I need to make sure I get/bring?

Thanks!

It turns out I may finally have a free day and can make it out to Saturday's match. Recently joined HSA and have been wanting to get involved but have only shot pin/plate matches in the past. Been searching through the threads and came across some of you recommending this setup for a holster: http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-b...e-pouches-double-alpha-academy-daa-belt-deal/

This still what you guys that have doing this for a while would recommend? Not concerned about the price, would rather buy once, cry once. Likely going to shoot my P226 SAO on Saturday. What else do I need to make sure I get/bring?

Thanks!
What Sjan said. And sunscreen. Not a ton of shade in those bays.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What Sjan said. And sunscreen. Not a ton of shade in those bays.
The bays at the far end have permanent shelters. We put out pop-up units on the near end bays, but those provide less area (necessary because permanent shelters would block too much of the road).

Heading over to HSA to help with match setup now. Hope to see lots of you tomorrow.

14:00. the match is setup. [grin] See y'all in the morning.

I'll have a bunch of raffle tickets for the GOAL Spring Fling Raffle. http://goal.org/springflingraffle.html
So bring a few extra bucks and take a chance to win some great prizes while supporting our gun rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom