• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA at Hopkinton Sat June 22nd

Our June match will be this coming Saturday June 22nd. We're planning 5 fun filled stages including one classifier. First shot is 8:30am so we can get everyone out of there by 12:30, assuming people help out with taping and teardown of course. All this for a low low $15 match fee!

Info can be found on our site, or on the USPSA Northeast site. Feel free to post any questions in this thread or PM.

For those who took the Intro to IPSC course this past spring this is your last chance to cash in on your free match shoot, don't let it go to waste!

See everyone next Sat [cheers]

I took the course in March, but don't remember getting a certificate or anything for the free match shoot. Should I have gotten something?

Also, since this is my first official USPSA match, should I sign up for USPSA online prior to the match or just do it on site?

Thanks!

I took the course in March, but don't remember getting a certificate or anything for the free match shoot. Should I have gotten something?

Also, since this is my first official USPSA match, should I sign up for USPSA online prior to the match or just do it on site?

Thanks!

Just remind us when you register that you took the class, we'll have the roster handy and scratch ya off.

You technically don't have to be a member of USPSA to participate but if this sport is something you're planning on doing more of then it makes sense to sign up. If you're not signed up then your classifier stage score won't be tracked in the national system. If you want to sign up you need to do it on the site, we don't have a way to process it on match day. If you go that route let us know at registration and we'll put you in as "pending" so the people at national know to record your classifier score.

We'll be out there weds night for our weekly practice session, if anyone needs a pre-match tune-up stop by and get some shooting in! We get going around 5:30...

Thanks!

Just tell who is handling registration and it will happen. If there is any resistance, demand that El-Pres or El-Boudrie be summoned.

If you want to join USPSA you can do so online at Welcome to USPSA.org - Home of the United States Practical Shooting Association.

We can also use help on Friday afternoon/evening doing some setup as well as final target posting on Saturday morning.

Come on down!

Registration will be getting started around 8ish, shooters meeting 8:20ish, and first shots 8:30ish. If anyone wants to arrive a little early and help finish off setup that's always appreciated. weather's looking nice, let's hope it stays that way!

We'll be having two longer field courses, two mid-length shoots (including our trademark steel stage), and a classifier. Minimum round count should be in the 130 range.

For those that haven't been to HSA recently and only know us by our Classifier match and Tuesday Night Steel series last season - the guys on the heavy machinery have been busy and we now have a lot more options than we did last year. The two nice new roomy bays have been finish graded and a layer of stone dust put down...ready to rock for this weekends match! [rockon]

HHH_Bay_new_bays.jpg

HHH_Bay_4.jpg

We'll be out there finishing setup today around 3ish, if anyone wants a sneak peak at the stages (no shooting) feel free to stop by....the price of admission is a little manual labor [wink]

maybe a sneak peek or two at how we're filling up those new bays for tomorrow? don't want to give too much away but check these out [wink]

as mocked up yesterday:
HHH_June_2013_2.jpg

NSA secret spy image from the other pit a few mins ago:
HHH_June_2013_1.jpg

is that a mix of classic and metric targets? isnt that illegal?

I was wondering how long that would take....have no fear my detail oriented friend, when the real targets are posted they'll all be of one type (per stage). we use scrap targets during setup to see how things are gonna look and replace them with the match targets on game day.

and now that my pager is quiet I can get back to sleep [frown]

Just woke up from my nap. Excellent match today, impressive and challenging stages. Thanks to the HHH. I had a great battle with with the other single stack guys, congrats Craig.

Thanks to all who came out to shoot with us today. double thanks to those that helped out keeping score or RO'ing. triple thanks to those that helped tear down the stages and put stuff away in the hot sun when I know we were all wiped out. without all your help we wouldn't be able to put on matches like this; no club would!

we had some good battles out there, especially Limited which was decided by less than 1% point! congrats to all the division winners and overall match winner Jay H. [thumbsup]

as I said on the score header on the uspsa-ne site we'll be tweaking the setup a bit here and there to get things running a bit more smoothly. we didn't do bad for our second club match but there's room for improvement.

and a reminder that our next match is a mere two weeks away and will be a special classifier match. 6 classifier stages for the low low price of $20. Info Here. once we settle on the stages we'll give everyone some notice so you know what to expect...

Back
Top Bottom