• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA at Harvard 7-8

Thanks Paul,

Really been putting an effort in to "focus" and improve when shooting the matches. For me it is still all about just having fun and beating myself, but I am taking it a little more seriously than I have in the past. I am really trying to get out of "C" and into "B".

I was so PO'd at my self for blowing the rocky bridge stage due to a careless stage walk through on my part. Missing targets because you don't know they are there is unacceptable to me.

I was able to bounce back and get re-focused for stage three (our squad's final stage) and finish the day with a smooth run- which made me happy. DQ took some video of our squad too. I will try and post if I can get them from him.

-Matt...

Nice job Matt!

You're creeping up on Scott.

Thanks!

...be a looooong time before I can run stages and shoot as well as Scott. He is awesome about sharing his knowledge. I like to compare with him how each of us shot particular stages and ask him questions. I learn something each time I talk to him. Maybe I should shoot a match on his squad sometime - one can learn a ton by actually shooting with and watching more advanced shooters.

Thanks!

...be a looooong time before I can run stages and shoot as well as Scott. He is awesome about sharing his knowledge. I like to compare with him how each of us shot particular stages and ask him questions. I learn something each time I talk to him. Maybe I should shoot a match on his squad sometime - one can learn a ton by actually shooting with and watching more advanced shooters.

I have learned a lot by shooting with better shooters, but you have to make sure you shoot your game and not get wrapped up into their speed. Find the little things that they do to save time while not shooting, Shoot slow...do everything else very fast

Find the little things that they do to save time while not shooting, Shoot slow...do everything else very fast

I can not agree more... it is hard to control the adrenalin and the want to shoot faster. For me it leads to misses... case and point is the 10 point penality I had on stage 6.

It took an otherwise decent run and dropped me down substantially. I got a little carried away on that array of three in between the walls just before the "grenade". The speed on the trigger for the third target and then trying to go to a re-load while making the transition from that target to the grenade. I just tried to pop the two shots off and get to the reload to fast. I should have made sure I had the shots and then gone for the reload.

Thats one of the things I like best about this sport... you learn alot about yourself and self control.

Back
Top Bottom