USNS Comfort was never needed.....leaves nyc

Keeping everything closed and ruining the economy, causing business owners to lose everything they have. That's almost as bad as killing people! And some of those people will probably end up committing suicide during the next year. Governor and Attorney General, thank you for "helping" us.

Was it needed? No

Was there a possibility? Yes.

Best to have your assets (preps) in place before TSHTF is the smart way.
I don't disagree with you.

But this does speak to the NYC administration over reacting no?

Alot of the video of the overwhelmed hospitals in nyc were proven to be file footage of Italian hospitals.

And where is the fanfare on the news like there was when she arrived? They media won't put this on broadcast because it sends the message that this may not be as bad as we predicted ... Which would be good news right? But coumo the left and the media don't want good news they want pandemic mahem because:

1. nyc gets more emergency funds
2. trump bad

Additionally, the USNS Comfort was in NYC to offset the hospitals with non-coved cases that arise in any big city and really provide morale support. In NYC fashion, they f***ed it up within 3 days by bringing Covid patients mixed with non covid patience. Once again, NYC is why we cannot have nice things.

Keeping everything closed and ruining the economy, causing business owners to lose everything they have. That's almost as bad as killing people! And some of those people will probably end up committing suicide during the next year. Governor and Attorney General, thank you for "helping" us.
"Cant commit suicide if we take guns away" - every politician.

I don't disagree with you.

But this does speak to the NYC administration over reacting no?

Alot of the video of the overwhelmed hospitals in nyc were proven to be file footage of Italian hospitals.

And where is the fanfare on the news like there was when she arrived? They media won't put this on broadcast because it sends the message that this may not be as bad as we predicted ... Which would be good news right? But coumo the left and the media don't want good news they want pandemic mahem because:

1. nyc gets more emergency funds
2. trump bad

It's the same as stocking up on toilet paper. It's the job of the administration to advocate for their people. We don't have a Central Medical Commisar to allocate supplies. Just like the Patriots getting street cred by shipping in PPE, it's mostly about appearances and politics.

When the TEOTWAWKI toilet paper panic started, I hit Stop & Shop on the way to work. 2 carts. Paper goods, spaghetti sauce, etc., in case we had to laager up. As I was going through the checkout, a woman behind me said (to nobody), "I don't think you're allowed to do that...." Wrong. In this society, one has to take the measures that one believes necessary, personally, or for your constituency.

Also nyc gets more $, and Orange Man bad, as you pointed out. [laugh]

i mentioned this in another thread a little while ago. it almost seems cuomo asked for the ship with the hope trump wouldn't send it and almost was pissed when it steamed into the harbor and in record time. nothing to do there but praise the administration and contaminate the whole ship and see if that generated that trump reaction he was looking for. it didn't. while i was pissed trump handled very well. i dislike cuomo very much and hope left wing voters can see through him at election time. when this is over i'm hoping the feds open an investigation about the bastard cooking the death total books.

i mentioned this in another thread a little while ago. it almost seems cuomo asked for the ship with the hope trump wouldn't send it and almost was pissed when it steamed into the harbor and in record time. nothing to do there but praise the administration and contaminate the whole ship and see if that generated that trump reaction he was looking for. it didn't. while i was pissed trump handled very well. i dislike cuomo very much and hope left wing voters can see through him at election time. when this is over i'm hoping the feds open an investigation about the bastard cooking the death total books.

That investigation will happen right after Hillary is imprisoned for life due to her treasonous leaks of classified data. Trump has been a major disappointment in this area.

With 11,500 NYC deaths, that seemed a likely possibility. Hospitals overreacted on 9-11 too, with little donated blood or hospital beds needed then either.
I'm not saying it's bad the the vessel was there. Always prepare for the worst. I'm saying where is the live broadcast of the vessel leaving and all the fanfare becAuse of the fantastic news that the vessel wasn't necessary? They never broadcast the positive data of this plannedemic.

The mistake was opening it to patients before it was really needed. The result is the ship left NY with a whole bunch of extra passengers in the form of viruses.

And I haven't heard a lot of talk about ventilators lately either.

One article said that 88% of the people that went on ventilators in NYC ended up passing away.

One article said that 88% of the people that went on ventilators in NYC ended up passing away.

I'm sure. But you can spin that data in a couple different ways. There's a BIIIG difference between "12% of people who otherwise would have died, lived" and "Ventilators cause death in 88% of cases!!"

Vents are a pretty last-ditch treatment for the Cov. I've heard it compared to CPR: might as well try, because at that point there's nowhere to go but up.

I'm sure. But you can spin that data in a couple different ways. There's a BIIIG difference between "12% of people who otherwise would have died, lived" and "Ventilators cause death in 88% of cases!!"

Vents are a pretty last-ditch treatment for the Cov. I've heard it compared to CPR: might as well try, because at that point there's nowhere to go but up.
That hasn't been what I've been hearing. Overstressed med guys venting for any serious respiratory distress. And given the mechanism of disease of this thing, that's a Bad Thing. Pressure in the lungs ISN'T what you want.

100% of people die.

Your stat is irrelevant without context. What's the timespan from ventilator to death. And how does that compare to the percentage of those placed on respirators previous years?

100% of people die.

Your stat is irrelevant without context. What's the timespan from ventilator to death. And how does that compare to the percentage of those placed on respirators previous years?
I'm guessing that's referring to people on vents for the virus. Vents generally don't have a GREAT outcome (cuz very sick people) but not that bad.

Lungs infected by Wuhan don't like pressure.

I was listening to a researcher last week that was saying it might not the ventilators but how we are using them. Wrong techniques.

100% of people die.

Not enough data available to put in context - simply stated the fact. Think you can at least conclude going on a ventilator in NYC means your chances to survive are not good.

I'm guessing that's referring to people on vents for the virus. Vents generally don't have a GREAT outcome (cuz very sick people) but not that bad.

Lungs infected by Wuhan don't like pressure.
Perfect example. Without specifics, context, comparison, the stat is meaningless. You may be right and you may be wrong.

Perfect example. Without specifics, context, comparison, the stat is meaningless. You may be right and you may be wrong.
I've read enough papers on it to do this:

Addendum to Living Will made June 21, 2010
As regards use of ventilators

If I am having respiratory distress due to complications due to an infection by SARS-CoV-2, also commonly known as COVID-19, under NO circumstances shall I be placed on any therapy that involves intubation and use of a mechanical assistance breathing device, commonly called a ventilator. The acceptable therapies shall include high-concentration oxygen.

This restriction shall not apply to use of such devices under diagnoses unrelated to said virus, including but not limited to illnesses or trauma, but shall be otherwise subject to the restrictions I have stipulated in my Living Will of June 21, 2010.

It's now LEGALLY on file at the local hospital.

Back
Top Bottom