• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Using gun in self defense in MA question?

Hmm Time to load up with less lethal ammunition. Beanbags for shotguns and whatever the equivalent for handguns

Bad idea. If you are in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury, then why are you using less lethal ammunition? If you are not in immediate danger of death or grave bodily injury, then why are shooting at them?

OC spray (or something similar) is a good idea. But less lethal rounds are not something you should be messing with -- you will be painting yourself into a legal corner.

Last edited:
You are mistaken if you think MA is so much different than many states in this regard.

We just have more lawyers. Everyone will sue once a lawyer tells them humans are walking loot pinatas.

"Don't worry, you aren't hurting them. They probably have insurance that will cover it. Your wonderful son wasn't really raping their two year old daughter when they killed him. I'll get you the money you deserve!"

Just do what the bad guy would do to you, shoot and run and hide. When you get caught tell them about how bad your childhood was, your socially repressed and tell of how you were on the streets at a young age and this is the lifestyle of a player

A very good podcast.

At about the 42 minute mark, Ayoob specifically addresses what happens if you flee the scene. The presumption of the law is that flight = guilt.

And he doesn't mention the increasing prevalence of cameras in public places, both private and public. Walk around downtown Boston some time and look up. A huge percentage of the area is under the watchful eye of public video cameras, and there are probably a lot of private cameras in the area as well.

And he doesn't mention the increasing prevalence of cameras in public places, both private and public. Walk around downtown Boston some time and look up. A huge percentage of the area is under the watchful eye of public video cameras, and there are probably a lot of private cameras in the area as well.

This. I do this quite often and you will be very surpised with what you find and how small they are.

I don't get much time to listen to Jack Spirko's podcast, but the one with Mas Ayoob caught my attention. My suggestion is to listen to this podcast three or four times.

Massad Ayoob on Lethal Force Aftermath | The Survival Podcast

I like this pod cast for a couple of reasons. First it lays to rest that one should say nothing to the police. That don't talk to the police mentality can hurt in some instances. Like helping the police identify witnesses that could later attest to your story. There are specific things you can and should discuss because it is to your benefit. Then shut up after hitting those points.

I like this pod cast for a couple of reasons. First it lays to rest that one should say nothing to the police. That don't talk to the police mentality can hurt in some instances. Like helping the police identify witnesses that could later attest to your story. There are specific things you can and should discuss because it is to your benefit. Then shut up after hitting those points.

I thought that section was extremely well done - very good advice, with good explanations for why he's giving the advice.

Yes, cameras are everywhere. And your cell phone provider also knows where you've been.

My cellphone spends 99% of its life in airplane mode, all radios off, so VZW isn't tracking me, but it means people aren't going to reach me on my cellphone unless I turn it on. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom