USAF Buddy moving back to mAss

daggrant99

NES Member
So this is my first time trying to start a thread!! I have a buddy moving back to this wonderful state He was wondering what he should bring home with him. I was thinking that maybe he should bring some stripped lowers and maybe a few other things. I would appreciate any suggestion that I could get to give him an idea of what to to add to his shopping list .. hope I did this ok. Trying not to get :emoji_fire:

Striped lowers will be illegal, as would any "assault rifle copy cat". Also he can not possess more than 10 round mags. If he wants to get stuff that'll appreciate, low capacity off roster pistols are the only way to accumulate. Think Sig MPX pistol, kriss vector pistol, CZ pistols with neutered mags. These are the type of things which will separate his collection from others.

Striped lowers will be illegal, as would any "assault rifle copy cat". Also he can not possess more than 10 round mags. If he wants to get stuff that'll appreciate, low capacity off roster pistols are the only way to accumulate. Think Sig MPX pistol, kriss vector pistol, CZ pistols with neutered mags. These are the type of things which will separate his collection from others.
Thank you Sir!!!

Why would anyone CHOOSE to move here?

Anything not on the roster that takes 10 round mags. New stuff without safeties. He could pick up 10 "free state" P365s and sell them at a huge markup here. Same with P320s, Glock 19s, etc.

But he has to leave behind any magazines that hold 11+ rounds.

Anything not on the roster that takes 10 round mags. New stuff without safeties. He could pick up 10 "free state" P365s and sell them at a huge markup here. Same with P320s, Glock 19s, etc.

Thanks, Lol, he is from here, family and all, just getting out of the service looking to get on the fire department.

this is not true.

first, pre-ban, large-cap mags are perfectly legal.
second, the AG letter has no force of law; you can bring in anything that's not an actual, law as written, "assault weapon"
third, if he brings it with him there's no requirement to register the transaction of crossing the border
fourth, stripped lowers are perfectly legal to possess and transfer as individuals

Thanks, Lol, he is from here, family and all, just getting out of the service looking to get on the fire department.
I'd strongly recommend that he spend some time in the legal threads on this site. It pays to know the laws here: what you can move in with, what you can sell in person to person transactions, how many person to person transactions you may make per year, etc.

Also, if he's willing to wait a few months for a fellow USAF brother to save up, I'll strongly consider buying one of those free state P365s...

this is not true.

first, pre-ban, large-cap STANDARD CAPACITY mags are perfectly legal.
second, the AG letter has no force of law; you can bring in anything that's not an actual, law as written, "assault weapon"
third, if he brings it with him there's no requirement to register the transaction of crossing the border
fourth, stripped lowers are perfectly legal to possess and transfer as individuals
FIFY
Stop using lefty language.

So I was under the impression that if you move into MA that you could bring in whatever you already owned, such as AR/AK, just no standard capacity mags. I was also thinking about the non-massified Shockwave, really like the feel of the free state version but not sure about the 14 inch barrel. The 18.5 inch Mass one just looks ridiculous. I know not really practical for much but I like the COOL factor.

So you are welcoming a gouger? A GOUGER!?!?!?!?! ;)

There are 50 states in the country. Almost everyone of them are better than Mass. He needs an intervention.

Shocking that there are millions of people that disagree with you. There are reasons outside of governmental that people live in MA. Just like there are reasons outside of governmental that people live in CA. Sometimes it's the people and the locale that getsya.

So I was under the impression that if you move into MA that you could bring in whatever you already owned, such as AR/AK, just no standard capacity mags.
This is correct. The AG's "enforcement notice/press release" is NOT law. Just make sure it's "massified". No bayonut lug, flash hider, collapsible stock etc. Unless it was made before the '94 AWB.

Last edited:
He could pick up 10 "free state" P365s and sell them at a huge markup here. Same with P320s, Glock 19s, etc.

Sounds like he'd have a "principal motive of making a profit" (to use the ATF's term) and thus need to be an FFL.
upload_2019-7-11_10-11-39.png

Some more juicy ATF nuggets:
"Note that while quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold, or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors were also present."

All of which us MA peasants can buy already but I digress....

So you are welcoming a gouger? A GOUGER!?!?!?!?! ;)

Shocking that there are millions of people that disagree with you. There are reasons outside of governmental that people live in MA. Just like there are reasons outside of governmental that people live in CA. Sometimes it's the people and the locale that getsya.
They can disagree all they want and they'll still be wrong. Millions of people think Bud Lite tastes good and Taylor Swift makes great music. Here are just a few things that make Massachusetts one of the worst states in the country:
Boston was just voted the worst traffic in the country again. The MBTA is one of the least efficient public transit organizations in the US. You can't get a drink in a bar after 2:00 and the trains to get you in and out of city night spots don't run anyway.
There is not another single state in the country where the last 3 house speakers in a row are each convicted felons! Hell, theres probably not another country in the world with that record! Throw in a Senate president who had to resign because his husband was trading sex for politcal favors, and add Liz Warren, Rachel Rollins, and Maura Healy to the mix and there's no way in hell you'll find a more politically corrupt government short of a banana Republic in South America.
Now add in the astronomical property taxes, the crappy weather, pothole ridden roads, a laughably corrupt state police, and some of the most expensive utility providers in the country, like Unitil, and what do get? One of the worst states in America.

Hold on. If I could sell sex for favors, I'd be dancing in the streets. As it is, I'd struggle to get a stick of gum in exchange.

And ah yes, the 'you have an opinion but you are just wrong' argument. ROFL!!! C'mon man.

And let's remember, buying 10 P365's will take years to sell on FA10's. LOL

Buy a ton of new Glocks and Colt 1911s and sell them in the classifieds. Specifically a series 80 with the stainless steel finish, thanks.

Getting on the fire dept. in Ma will not be easy. Most communities have a residency requirement unless you're a paramedic. He must already be an emt to be eligible to take the paramedic course. As far as firearms, he should buy any handguns he'd like to own that aren't on the list. If he's thinking of buying a bunch of stuff and selling it at a profit, that may be a bad idea. The ATF will likely take a dim view.

So this is my first time trying to start a thread!! I have a buddy moving back to this wonderful state He was wondering what he should bring home with him. I was thinking that maybe he should bring some stripped lowers and maybe a few other things. I would appreciate any suggestion that I could get to give him an idea of what to to add to his shopping list .. hope I did this ok. Trying not to get :emoji_fire:

The way you phrased that worries me. I do not know if being out of Mass on active duty, even for several years, qualifies as not being a resident of Mass. Maybe it does.

Could he have voted in Mass using an absentee ballot? As long as he can demonstrate he's a resident of some other state all the above is correct.

But he'll be happier living along the northern side of the southern border of NH. He can always visit.

Don’t get P365s hoping to profit. I’m pretty sure lots of places openly advertise that they sell them without the safety.

Striped lowers will be illegal, as would any "assault rifle copy cat".

Not sure if serious, the first is definitely not illegal and the 2nd only applies if you're believing healey's bullshit, which nobody does beyond the gun shop level.

Think before posting silly shit.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom