• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USAA

This time USAA confirmed my eligibility so they received my DD-214. Attached to it were my coverage selections pages I wanted them to use for my insurance quotes so I know that they got them. Two more weeks and still nothing. Definitely not impressed.

Online they asked for my DD214 or my discharge paper, that was all. I sent them the discharge cert.

Then they wanted ALL the stuff I listed. They asked for my SS# which I gave them on the online application, but then they said wanted a photo of the actual card. Who has EVER asked you for the actual card?

They said if I couldn't show them my card, which I haven't seen since 1962, I could contact the SS Admin to get a replacement. I said I've never needed it so , no. Then he said I could send them a copy of my mortgage or I could send them a copy of my last tax return. I said no to both. They then said I could contact the IRS and get a statement from them with my name/address on it.

Does this sound like they're trying to validate my service to you?

All this AFTER they sent me the credit card.

I have nothing to hide but screw them.

This stuff is post 9-11 Federally mandated verification. The noose is tightening, and it isn't USAA's fault.

Back
Top Bottom