• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USA WOMEN’S HOCKY WIN GOLD

USA defeats Canada in a shoot out after a scoreless overtime. I’m as proud to be an American now as I was when I was stationed in D.C. during the Miracle on Ice in 1980.

BE PROUD LADIES YOU WORKED YOUR BUTTS OFF AND LEFT IT ALL ON THE ICE.

Do not take anything away from team Canada they also left it all out there and should hold their heads high.

Watching that came brought back a feeling of for all of us.

CONGRADULATIONS LADIES BE PROUD......

Last edited:

Olympics, NHL, KHL, wherever... that’s one of the niftiest goals possible. One of the Canadian ladies had a sweet one too, their fourth or fifth shooter.

Their captain, Poulin, must be from Montreal, she’s so dirty. That headshot she put on our player was vicious, and that stupid Habs-ish bullshit she pulled after that icing, heading out illegally to delay the game... I’ll be honest, I was glad they kept showing her after the game, sobbing.

Nice win!! And a Westfield native on that team as well.

Some of the Canadian players took off their Silver medal as soon as it was put on them. Bitter I guess....lol

I feel so hungover having stayed up and watched the game... and I was only drinking Pepsi, lol... great game but agree with all the points above:

Poulin played dirty big time
Shootouts for medals and championships suck
Everyone should be proud
... and Poulin played dirty, lol

Ironically Poulin played 4 years at BU....

Lot of complaining about shoot outs, ridiculous for a Gold medal. Hopefully this changes the rules.

US had nine shots on goal in overtime and lots of zone time, would have been a tragedy if they lost.

I’m good with shootouts, even when it loses our women the World Cup. Without shootouts, you get six-hour baseball games.

Screw that.

Shootouts are the rulz going in. If Canada wants to gripe about it, they should try harder in regulation next time.

Back
Top Bottom