USA Today Poll

I did the same.
"Strongly agree" has a sizable lead.
The story kind of contradicts itself.
In the first paragraphs, they give examples of how the background checks have failed.
Then, they say that the "gun show loophole" needs to be closed, so there would be background checks done there too.

Barry

I did the same.
"Strongly agree" has a sizable lead.
The story kind of contradicts itself.
In the first paragraphs, they give examples of how the background checks have failed.
Then, they say that the "gun show loophole" needs to be closed, so there would be background checks done there too.

Barry

That's what they tend to do. They provide evidence that gun control doesn't work but than they push for more gun control. Insanity at its finest.

They usually are but basically they want to know whether or not you agree with them that more gun control is the answer.

Agreed, it’s clearly purposely vague and leaves the reader to make a stab at their conclusion as opposed to clearly stating it in presentation of their poll question.

Poorly worded polls have always bothered me.

Here we go,next headline....

“Polls show strong support for more gun control.”

Media bull#ss#t, open up the skull, pour in brainwashing fluid.

You are voting upon whether you agree with USA's view. Their view is not clear in the article.

USA will look at results and post with whatever narrative matches their political view ... what a desperation move.

I don't even know how to answer. I do think when your home fills up with junk, you should never bring home new junk without getting rid of at least as much old junk, and preferably you'd get rid of more because having a home filled with junk is crazy. Gun control advocates are like hoarders, and gun control politicians like Linsky are in it for political points. Enforcing the laws doesn't benefit the likes of Linsky. Reminds me of Tom Lehrer's song about von Braun:

"Once the rockets are up,
who cares where they come down?
That's not my department,"
says Wernher von Braun.

You are voting upon whether you agree with USA's view. Their view is not clear in the article.

USA will look at results and post with whatever narrative matches their political view ... what a desperation move.

Right. No matter which way it goes they'll argue it's in favor of more gun control. If the Agree side wins it will mean that responders agree that more gun control is needed. If the Disagree side wins it means that the responders disagree with the assertion that gun control and background checks haven't worked in reducing crime. The poll is written for a predetermined outcome.

Back
Top Bottom