• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USA Today: Everytown ‘Study’ Says Right Wing Armed Protests Turn Violent Twice as Often As Left Wing Protests

mikeyp

NES Member
for the lulz, bolding by me

The study examined 560 instances in which individuals – whether the protesters themselves or people who opposed them – brought firearms to demonstrations. In roughly one of every six of those demonstrations, “violent or destructive activity” ensued, the researchers found. At protests where no guns were present, one out of 37 turned violent.

Violent or destructive acts were carried out by both armed and unarmed protesters, the researchers said.

Violence and property destruction occurred after political rallies of all types at which arms were present, including Black Lives Matter protests, the researchers found. Kishi said 94% of Black Lives Matter protests, hundreds of which occurred around the country, were peaceful.

I find this highly unlikely because most right-wing protests that I've been to are middle aged to elderly chonky or scrawny (Dale Gribble) white dudes who wouldn't know how to get arrested if you put them in a meth lab thirty seconds before a police raid.

Sure, lets see... who "counter protests" all the time?

Left wing protest where they are all armed... the right stays out of harms way, no violence.

Right wing protest where a handful are armed... the left "counter protests" and we have violence.

See, right wing protests where people are armed turn violent more often.

Naturally, I assume that they are excluding Black Lives Matter and Antifa from this study.

Ummmm, you guys know there were THOUSANDS of protests last year with zero violence, right????

I'm not defending anyone, but there were FAR more non-violent BLM protests last year than violent ones. They just don't make the TV any more than the good guy with a gun gets on TV. It's not sensational enough.

All that said - their study is stupid. There weren't thousands of people just congregating like with BLM. Every congregation of people was considered a protest. Well, no. And there is no BLDM movement. ROFL!!!

Im quasi inclined to believe the blm ones are mostly peacful.... if they count 5 people standing on a corner in newton a protest

Guns don’t kill people - people kill people. And when people with guns don’t kill people, they cause more non-firearms violence and destruction more often. That’s their premise. Once they had their desired conclusion, they did their study to “prove” it.

It’s a hedge against SCOTUS ruling favorably on a 2ndA case. They’ll say, sure, 2ndA means you can carry guns outside the home, but only who, where and when government says so. Take DC - they can ban guns during any event, anywhere in public. Before 1-06, they posted signs everywhere.

More and more studies look to relate gun ownership to a psychological make-up and behavior that is risky, anti-social, and prone to violence. Take away guns, and we’ll all be peaceful and docile? No - we’ll be chattel of the state.

So the study excludes all the riots since those violent protesters used clubs, bats, fire, etc, but they weren't open carrying so they don't count. Apparently violence doesn't count if you use a baseball bat.

“Between January 2020 and June 2021, there were more than 30,000 public demonstrations in the US. Of those, at least 560 demonstrations included the presence of an armed individual, other than law enforcement. While armed demonstrations represent a small proportion of the total number of events, this subset is significantly more likely to involve violence or destructive behavior.”

OK - that’s a whopping 1.9% of demonstrations characterized as “armed”.

“A fatality was reported at approximately one out of every 2,963 demonstrations where no firearm was identified, compared to about one out of every 62 demonstrations where there was a firearm identified.”

Down to 62/30000 = 0.2% of the time that armed people are involved in political conflict, someone dies. “A fatality” isn’t a right-wing aggressor shooting a left-wind activist. It’s not a shooting death at all - it’s just someone dead in the time and lactation of a demonstration where there were arms present.

Frankly, I consider these statistics proof that citizens carrying arms results in very minimal intentional/accidental harm.

“Between January 2020 and June 2021, there were more than 30,000 public demonstrations in the US. Of those, at least 560 demonstrations included the presence of an armed individual, other than law enforcement. While armed demonstrations represent a small proportion of the total number of events, this subset is significantly more likely to involve violence or destructive behavior.”

OK - that’s a whopping 1.9% of demonstrations characterized as “armed”.

“A fatality was reported at approximately one out of every 2,963 demonstrations where no firearm was identified, compared to about one out of every 62 demonstrations where there was a firearm identified.”

Down to 62/30000 = 0.2% of the time that armed people are involved in political conflict, someone dies. “A fatality” isn’t a right-wing aggressor shooting a left-wind activist. It’s not a shooting death at all - it’s just someone dead in the time and lactation of a demonstration where there were arms present.

Frankly, I consider these statistics proof that citizens carrying arms results in very minimal intentional/accidental harm.
wait wait wait

Since (30K-560)/2963 = ~10 events; and 560/62 = ~10 events; so there were about 20 (19 and change, actually) events total in the year in question.

But we define "armed" by the presence of a firearm (not carried by the police) and "violent" by the number of fatalities. I'm not even sure this is moving the goalposts any more...it's just a meaningless number crunching.

Hmm, lefties can riot with impunity while the right will be arrested and thrown in solitary confinement and have the book thrown at them. More liberal media BS but the lefties and media eat it up. Is it go time yet?

Coincidentally, I just concluded a study that states 99.99% of the media are lying douche bags whose only interest is to drive ratings to garner more advertisers. Funny how that works considering I, like the media, just pulled that out of my ass.

I think there's much more proof of your findings than theirs lol

Back
Top Bottom