USA Poll: Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

The Second Amendment does guarantee the right of individuals to bear arms. The argument that it applies only to militias doesn't hold water because the militias of the Revolutionary war era were private organizations and not part of the government like todays National Guard. They elected their own officers and pretty much came and went as they pleased, which gave George Washington fits. He was most definitely not a fan of the militias.

Although you do have the right to think, believe or speak like a commie you do not have the right to be one. The people did not grant to the states nor did the states grant to the federal government the power to take legal collective ownership of all property, capital or means of production.

Anyone who firmly believes in communism is a communist. Also, what you just described is Marxism. There have been plenty of communist groups in this country. The Shakers come to mind but there were other similar groups. (no, I'm not advocating any form of communism)

My real point was though that rounding people up and deporting them is not what this country was founded on. It's pretty bad when someone is advocating that as a means to preserving Constitutionally protected rights.

Anyone who firmly believes in communism is a communist. Also, what you just described is Marxism. There have been plenty of communist groups in this country. The Shakers come to mind but there were other similar groups. (no, I'm not advocating any form of communism)

Ok, it's simply a matter of semantics. Never mind.

Although you do have the right to think, believe or speak like a commie you do not have the right to be one. The people did not grant to the states nor did the states grant to the federal government the power to take legal collective ownership of all property, capital or means of production.

Really? And where, pray tell, is that exclusion to be found?

Should you actually attempt any serious research, start with the First Amendment.[slap]

Shit! That hurt.

Really? And where, pray tell, is that exclusion to be found?

Should you actually attempt any serious research, start with the First Amendment.

Exclusion? The government does not have all powers subject to "exclusions" as so many of you believe. If you would have read my post more carefully you would have realized that I was referring to official state communism not communism in a more informal sense. The word can be used both ways and it is never worth arguing about that. I agreed with PaulD. [slap]

Last edited:
Jeez guys, I'm sorry I classified "them" as "commies". It was the first dirty word to pop into my brain(ouch!) that described "them" [smile]

Can't we all just get along?

I guess I deserve a tasering!(let me put a steak in my pocket to cook first)[rofl]

Jeez guys, I'm sorry I classified "them" as "commies". It was the first dirty word to pop into my brain(ouch!) that described "them" [smile]

Can't we all just get along?

I guess I deserve a tasering!(let me put a steak in my pocket to cook first)[rofl]

Heh, sorry. I guess it was just semantics. The Shaker style commies are just fine as long as they quietly make furniture and stick to that. The Marxist style are the ones to look out for.

My Prayer![smile]

Please let me be there to see for myself the next time a hurricane like that which happened in New Orleans hits a liberal hot spot. Please let me see what happens to the anti gun people when riots occur in other major cities like they did in LA and Cleveland not so many years ago. Please put me at ease if their is ever a shortage of food water or other supplies that will cause roving gangs of criminals to go after the weak and helpless of our society.

Please let me witness myself a liberal gun grabber pick up the phone only to realize its dead and he or she is on their own when he calls the police or National Guard for help.

Please let me be there to help protect my family with my training, preparedness and well thought out survival supplies to include my AR, AK, handguns, many mags and ammo, designed to insure our safety when the liberal gun grabber gets his or her safety blanket pulled right out from under em!

AMEN[rolleyes]

Last edited:
My Prayer![smile]

Please let me be there to see for myself the next time a hurricane like that which happened in New Orleans hits a liberal hot spot. Please let me see what happens to the anti gun people when riots occur in other major cities like they did in LA and Cleveland not so many years ago. Please put me at ease if their is ever a shortage of food water or other supplies that will cause roving gangs of criminals to go after the weak and helpless of our society.

Please let me witness myself a liberal gun grabber pick up the phone only to realize its dead and he or she is on their own when he calls the police or National Guard for help.

Please let me be there to help protect my family with my training, preparedness and well thought out survival supplies to include my AR, AK, handguns, many mags and ammo, designed to insure our safety when the liberal gun grabber gets his or her safety blanket pulled right out from under em!

AMEN[rolleyes]

I like that, can I use it?

Back
Top Bottom