• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

US&S 1911

Big Duke Six

NES Member
I'm looking at a US&S 1911a1 at an estate sale, and was wondering about a fair price... looks to be a matching frame; 1,052,000 range serial; light pitting on the slide; and a pretty dirty bore.
They're looking at $1500.00. Is that a fair deal?

US$S get silly money 1500 for correct frame and slide is worth $1500 itself for the most part.

2nd that, I'd snap that up. Run a boresnake thru it, could be just dirty. I passed on a gem one day because I thought the bore was trashed, it was just dirty :(

WWII .45 ACP had corrosive primers so the bore could be pitted.

Could be is the key phrase there. Don't assume it is though just because it looks that way with a quick peek. That was my error and the bore on what I passed on was a mirror after the guy who did buy it cleaned it. Always have a boresnake in your pocket when you go to look at something like this so you can find out for sure.

So... I was able to get it for $1300. Lots of congealed grease, but seems to function okay. I'll go through it as soon as I get back from vacation and give you guys an update!

So... I was able to get it for $1300. Lots of congealed grease, but seems to function okay. I'll go through it as soon as I get back from vacation and give you guys an update!

WWII .45 ACP had corrosive primers so the bore could be pitted.
IIRC only the steel cased was corrosive? I admit it's,been a while since I was into 1911s.
Also there's lots of collectors that bore condition is not high on priority as long as the piece is correct.

Not bad, I'd be happy with it. Wonder how many of the parts are appropriate/correct to the manufacturer and year?

Can you post photo's of the barrel busing as seen from the muzzle end and also the stippling on the Mainspring Housing as well as the proof/manufacture marks on each side link attachment point and the inside of the grips.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom