US Military Court Rules Bump Stock Is Not A Machine Gun

Reptile

NES Member
There's been big news for gun rights these past few days, with headlines focusing on President Biden officially pulling David Chipman's nomination to serve as ATF director.

With Chipman's nomination removed, gun owners might have missed this story, absent from mainstream media, about military courts ruling bump stocks are not machine guns.

The AFT, and lobby groups, may come up with some other clever contrived name to try and ban them but it won't be because they are machine guns. They ATF may have to lose in court, or withdraw the ban to fight another day. They still look foolish.

The actual case, if you don't want to try to drill through various clickbait sites
ZtnTsS1.jpg

A) The Ammoland article linked from the 2A Tuesdays thread has a cached copy of the same bits.
(If Ammoland is regarded as a clickbait site,
I concede your point, of course
).

2. Wading through the treacle of clickbait puts hair on your chest.
2.II: Do you realize that when John Cleese said, "where's the pleasure in that?" (3m01s),
he was not being ironic?

I have to wonder whether he could have imagined back then
that he would some day inherit a world where
the cynical parse was the preferred one.

And that he probably played a part in tipping society over that edge.

There's been big news for gun rights these past few days, with headlines focusing on President Biden officially pulling David Chipman's nomination to serve as ATF director.

With Chipman's nomination removed, gun owners might have missed this story, absent from mainstream media, about military courts ruling bump stocks are not machine guns.

silly military, they're obviously silencers.

I think I had a bump stock on my M-16 for a while…My theory is it would jumping from 30 rounds a second to 60 rounds per second…

Initial results were promising

This is good optics and a talking point, that’s about it. The anti-gunners are always using the term “weapons of war”. Well, If the military says a bump stock is not a weapon of war then anti-gunners have no more talking point.

God help us if we’re issueing our military bump stocks

And God really really really really help us if civilians start falling under the UCMJ!

Back
Top Bottom