• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

US marshal shot in head in gunfight in St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST. LOUIS — A U.S. marshal is in critical condition after he was shot in the head during a gunfight in St. Louis.

The U.S. marshal for eastern Missouri, William Sibert, says a second marshal was shot in the ankle and is undergoing surgery. A St. Louis police officer who was working with the marshals was wounded by a bullet that grazed his face.

Herald source

More at Yahoo News

Man, watching 'Justified' made me think those marshals got invisible force fields to repel bullets and shot like Annie Oakley.

He goes from head, to chest, to foot shots? Was the second marshal trying to run away and he shot to wound?

One officer with a police dog tried to quell the tempers.
Exactly how does using police dogs quell tempers again?

I'm also confused as to the lack of info.
Why they were there?
What was the warrant for?
How the "suspect" died? (I'm guessing shot 116 times just to be sure by rifles, handguns and of course a lone cop with a shotgun)
Were any dogs killed?
Where there any other officers/marshalls and did they all make it home safe?

Usually they don't hold back slandering the perp in the news. It'll be interesting to hear the details.

ETA: Is the foot wound suffered by the marshall self inflicted while drawing/holstering? Is he related to the guard in this thread?

Last edited:
He goes from head, to chest, to foot shots? Was the second marshal trying to run away and he shot to wound?

Why they were there?
How the "suspect" died? (I'm guessing shot 116 times just to be sure by rifles, handguns and of course a lone cop with a shotgun)
Were any dogs killed?

Usually they don't hold back slandering the perp in the news. It'll be interesting to hear the details.

ETA: Is the foot wound suffered by the marshall self inflicted while drawing/holstering? Is he related to the guard in this thread?

Maybe let the guy shoot the police dog to calm him down? Works for cops.

No kidding! There is a guy in critical condition, another recovering from a GSW and we have more dog shot/did the officer get home safe crap. It's getting old. Everyone hates cops until they need one.

I'm not hating cops, I just don't jump to their defense until we actually get all the facts, like the actual reason they got into a gunfight, which as of yet hasn't been released.

Why they were there?
Were any dogs killed?

I'm not hating cops, I just don't jump to their defense until we actually get all the facts, like the actual reason they got into a gunfight, which as of yet hasn't been released.

So your definition that you "just don't jump to their defense" is:
making retarded cop jokes about shooting dogs and the sarcastic "as long as they get home safe" crap...

The guy died, doing a job he gets shit on all the time by people like you, and in a thread about a LEO getting shot, you still gotta make dumb comments... [thinking]

Last edited:
So your definition that you "just don't jump to their defense" is:
making retarded cop jokes about shooting dogs and the sarcastic "as long as they get home safe" crap...

The guy died, doing a job he gets shit on all the time by people like you, and in a thread about a LEO getting shot, you still gotta make dumb comments... [thinking]

Sorry I didn't realize this was the politically correct forum where we all jump behind the badge. There's a lot of cops out there making mistakes these days and most of those situations are reported on just like this one, cop gets shot, "perp" dead and no reason at all given for why the police were there. Though apparently you don't feel bad for the "perp" who's dead even though for all you know he was just a guy who started shooting at people issuing a no-knock warrant on the wrong house.

How about you just ignore humor you don't find humorous and continue on your day not jumping on the badge side of the fence before you know what happened?

And I have a few great friends who are cops, and even they bitch about stuff like this because when you're not open with your information it makes you look like your covering things up, which usually you are, otherwise you'd tell the reporters why you just got into a gunfight.

Sorry I didn't realize this was the politically correct forum where we all jump behind the badge. There's a lot of cops out there making mistakes these days and most of those situations are reported on just like this one, cop gets shot, "perp" dead and no reason at all given for why the police were there. Though apparently you don't feel bad for the "perp" who's dead even though for all you know he was just a guy who started shooting at people issuing a no-knock warrant on the wrong house.

How about you just ignore humor you don't find humorous and continue on your day not jumping on the badge side of the fence before you know what happened?

And I have a few great friends who are cops, and even they bitch about stuff like this because when you're not open with your information it makes you look like your covering things up, which usually you are, otherwise you'd tell the reporters why you just got into a gunfight.

Ok, so aside from the "all you're doing is jumping on the badge side" hate in your post, you obviously missed my point. It isn't about taking a "side" from "cops" and "perps" (as you put it) but the fact a guy DIED today doing a job to serve the people. Whether or not he was good at it, sucked at it, was a jerk cop, or a good cop, that wasn't the point.. The point was the guy was killed doing his job, so INSTEAD of making retarded cop hater comments, you can't just show the situation some respect.

I don't ignore humor, I am all about humor, sometimes too much, but you need to learn when you use it. Also, yes, the suspect was killed also, even though you say I am "jumping on the badge side", you don't see me saying crap like: "At least the perp is dead so the cops can go home safe."

Ok, so aside from the "all you're doing is jumping on the badge side" hate in your post, you obviously missed my point. It isn't about taking a "side" from "cops" and "perps" (as you put it) but the fact a guy DIED today doing a job to serve the people. Whether or not he was good at it, sucked at it, was a jerk cop, or a good cop, that wasn't the point.. The point was the guy was killed doing his job, so INSTEAD of making retarded cop hater comments, you can't just show the situation some respect.

I don't ignore humor, I am all about humor, sometimes too much, but you need to learn when you use it. Also, yes, the suspect was killed also, even though you say I am "jumping on the badge side", you don't see me saying crap like: "At least the perp is dead so the cops can go home safe."

I have a sick sense of humor, most of the time it's too much, and I try to save my respect till I know who deserves it.

xtry51, people would respect your questions about Officers more if they had less bullsh*t sarcasm. I respect anyones right to question Officers, but from the tone of your posts, you already made up your mind.

What morons like you don't realize is that due to a*sholes like you, Law Enforcement is so held to task with confirming intell and making sure the houses they hit, and the SCUMBAGS they hit are truley just that.

This day in age, your actually going to take a media story that doesn't have all the facts (SHOCKER!!!!) and then allow your mind to side with the bad guy??!?!?!?!?!?!!??? That says something about you then.

Its not about jumping behind the badge, its about THE BADGE DESERVES TO BE GIVEN THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT FIRST!!!! before some peice of sh*t scumbag that shot a Marshall. If something comes out that an LE Officer acted recklessly or was the bad guy, then f*ckin A, Ill help you light that bonfire, but till then, the scumbag doesn't get my benefit of the doubt.

Hey, do me a favor, kit the f*ck up or shut the f*ck up.

Last edited:
its about THE BADGE DESERVES TO BE GIVEN THEN BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT FIRST!!!!.

This is exactly the problem I'm talking about. I don't side with people because they have a badge, and I certainly don't assume they are correct or justified JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BADGE. I have this thing against blind trust and I like to actually make my conclusions based on facts.

but from the tone of your posts, you already made up your mind.

My first post was obviously sarcasm, which if you don't like, that's fine I really don't give a crap. All of my other posts clearly state I haven't taken a side because there's no facts on which to base such a position, though people like Wookie will support the cop every time no matter what because he believes all cops are ordained by God to do no evil.

Hey, do me a favor, kit the f*ck up or shut the f*ck up.

Hey do me a favor and stop acting like being a cop automatically makes you better than everyone else and infallible. While you're at it get a slightly thicker skin.

Obviously some of you don't like my humor, no big deal, but don't try to take the morally superior high ground without actually having facts on your side or pretend that *SOME* cops don't make egregious mistakes without doing the SIMPLEST of actual police work like say, breaking into a house where the people they're looking for haven't lived for two years.

Last edited:
This news report says he has died.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_st_louis_marshals_shot

ST. LOUIS – A deputy federal marshal who was shot in the head Tuesday during a gun battle with a man they were trying to arrest died of his wounds hours later, the U.S. Marshals Service said.

John Perry, 48, died at Saint Louis University Hospital at 7 p.m. — 12 hours after he and two other law enforcement officers were shot by the 35-year-old man wanted on drug possession and assault charges. The suspect was also killed.

RIP John, thank you for your service.

[halfmast]

First:

Blind trust......Police Officer/Federal Agent/LE Officer: Sworn to uphold something bigger than he is, for the most part dedicated, a sense of ideas....drug dealer/cop killer/ SCUMBAG: none of the above, victimizes anyone and everyone, could care less about u or your family, would most likely shoot your child in the head if he/she stood in between him and a pack of smokes.

Sarcasm.........F*CK YOUR SARCASM.....save your sarcasm for the post about the cop who eats too many donuts or the president saying something stupid, or the Charlie Sheen threads..........A POLICE OFFICER F*CKIN DIED U F*CK

Favor.........Being a Cop doesn't entitle anyone to be better or infallible, if you served a day in your life, LE or MIL, then you would know. Its easy to be you. Are there bad cops out there, hell yeah.....and theirs also bad trash men, bad doctors, bad plow drivers, bad teachers, you name it. Your the moron that watches the news and sees a story about a bad cop in NYC making a drug deal and you go "see see mommy, cops are bad" but you forgot about the 30,000 others in that department alone who rock the badge, are the sheepdog and face the man every day while you sit at home with your keyboard and your bag of Wavy Lays.

I don't care about your opinion or your bullsh*t need to be the thread's devils advocate. You make light of an Officer getting shot to death, you assume the worst of the Officer, and reach for any wrong doing you can conjure up. You can take your opinion and shove it up your a*s.

Do some teams hit the wrong house, yup, do some cops arrest the wrong person, yup.....do some a*sholes run their mouth via a keyboard on an internet forum...YUP. Sh*t happens, I wish the plow guy hadnt taken out my mailbox last snow storm too.

Your profile quotes portray a person who thinks he is a tough guy and wants to look cool. If you truley believe or understood what Si vis pacem, Para bellum meant then I doubt you would have the opinions you do.

I don't care about your opinion or your bullsh*t need to be the thread's devils advocate. You make light of an Officer getting shot to death, you assume the worst of the Officer, and reach for any wrong doing you can conjure up. You can take your opinion and shove it up your a*s.

Do some teams hit the wrong house, yup, do some cops arrest the wrong person, yup.....do some a*sholes run their mouth via a keyboard on an internet forum...YUP. Sh*t happens, I wish the plow guy hadnt taken out my mailbox last snow storm too.

Your profile quotes portray a person who thinks he is a tough guy and wants to look cool. If you truley believe or understood what Si vis pacem, Para bellum meant then I doubt you would have the opinions you do.

I didn't assume anything. Your second paragraph is exactly what I've been saying, so I'm not sure how you think we're disagreeing.

I'm not sure why you think I don't know what Si vis pacem, para bellum means, because I do and it has absolutely nothing to do with cops, nor this thread. Apparently you somehow are making connections between Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus, a 4th century Roman author, and a cop shot in 21st century America. Please feel free to enlighten us all.

I'm not being a tough guy, showing off, or grandstanding, so fold up your peacock feathers and go try and impress the ladies with your machismo somewhere else.

As Andy has pointed out the story has been updated with actual facts that we can all use to make an informed assessment, hey look it was a scumbag who got out of prison early again and again. Excellent that he is now dead.

RIP John Perry

[halfmast][sad2]

As Andy has pointed out the story has been updated with actual facts that we can all use to make an informed assessment, hey look it was a scumbag who got out of prison early again and again. Excellent that he is now dead.

RIP John Perry

[halfmast][sad2]

I said that he died in post #12. I'm sorry I didn't post a link to show it as "fact" at that time. [sad2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom