US Mail problem?

I received by US Mail last week 2 gun magazines with the covers damaged. Other magazines were delivered in good condition. If it was only one magazine, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Perhaps it is time to switch to electronic delivery???

Anyone else have this "problem"???

I have problems with the post office actually delivering any mail at all. I'm 2 blocks from the f***ing post office and they can't bother to deliver mail half the time. I know there's mail, I get informed delivery. Check the box when I get home and nothing.

It does show up eventually, but the mail man gives no shits about when. :mad:

nope, i have 5 gun mags come to the house and all arrive pristine...well considering what they went through to get to me. an occasional cover tear, nothing major. i think a lot has to do with the attitude of the letter carrier and how he chooses to handle the mail. my guy is fantastic, been on the route for a while and i know from past conversation he doesn't judge people by the mail he delivers to them. his replacement when he's off, a lot to be desired.

I get several gun mags too, and all have been fine. However, my wife's non-gun mags have been beat up pretty good at times. Must have a pro 2a mail carrier.

I think it's all regional .I have to send mail to shitcago monthly, and it's about an50/50 chance it ever effing shows up .

Local mail is fine if the normal guy who can't talk (cancer/smoking) who is awesome is on. If it's a stand in, not sure wtf happens but things just go missing .

My American Rifleman showed up last week with almost the entire cover torn off except for the tab with the address.

My American Rifleman showed up last week with almost the entire cover torn off except for the tab with the address.

I had that happen for several years, then it stopped. It was the only mail ever damaged. The right thing to do is talk to your local postmaster and file a complaint if necessary. I don't know if it would get to the level of involving the postal inspectors, but those guys take their jobs very seriously and will resolve problems.

USPS automated processing machines are not kind to any magazine, particularly full-size ones without cardstock covers.

I had a package from Lone Wolf that (let's go look at the tape, Biff)

USPS tracked First Class, btw. . .

Idaho to Spokane Distribution Center. . . . . . . to Santa Clara, CA Distribution Center. . . . To LA Distribution Center. . . . logged in twice as arrived there. . . . sat for 2 days while they got un-confused. . . . . then departed 2 days ago to arrive at my house in about 2 hours.

2 day package took 7. None of it due to weather. LOL I'm just happy they didn't lose it in those 2 days. We shall see when it gets here. (Hell, I forget what I ordered, for cryin out loud!)

EDIT - Glock 43 connectors. I'm pretty sure mine are the old ones. Figured I'd upgrade for $25. Just to be safe. And have a slightly better trigger.

There's a few folks who deliver here(both are awesome) but the guy complimented me on my choice of Grunt Style shirt I was wearing that day while rotating his arm to show me he was wearing one under the vest he had on. Although he never did flash the NES gang sign, he may be a plant. suspicious.jpg

Machines sort magazines from the sorting facility then they arrive at your local post office. The mail carriers have nothing to do with damaged mail/packages (95% of the time).

The machines sometimes get stuck causing damage. See it all the time. Not a conspiracy against 2A

I received by US Mail last week 2 gun magazines with the covers damaged. Other magazines were delivered in good condition. If it was only one magazine, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Perhaps it is time to switch to electronic delivery???

Sounds like you have a problem with a Postal Employee.

I'd bring it up with your local postmaster (remember to leave your guns at home)

I'd bring it up with your local postmaster (remember to leave your guns at home)
I did that one time, when a mail man was stealing prescription drugs.......huge waste of time.

a while back I had a subscription to Fisherman It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday or Friday (before the weekend). I was getting it on Tuesday with the seal broken. I complained to them (Fisherman) so they sent it in an envelope for several weeks, everyone was was received on Thursday. When I spoke to the post office (as I have a box and do not get delivery) they said they would look into it. Apparently there was a fisherman in the post office.

I had an instance where the postal carrier actually bent a softback textbook in half across the spine in order to shove it into the mailbox. The next day I learned that the United States Postal Service gives no f***s about you or your damaged property, especially when they are the ones who damaged it.

I took it clear to the regional distribution center before I gave up. Not one f*** was given by a postal employee anywhere, and no amount of ranting helps.

yeah, my November 2017 ARRL QST magazine took a hit. It was torn and late as in i received it after my December 2017 issue. But it was in a sealed USPS package with an apology. Not saying somewhere along your line there isn't someone who hates gun magazines...that certainly could be the case. But in my case it seems a machine ate it up...

Last edited:
I always find my Dillon Blue Press flyer opened. I guess my mailman likes the Page 19 girls too...

Not excusing sh*t service by the USPS. But if your like me and they handle alot of packages you get delivered it helps to tip them around X Mas time.

Hard to believe they can stay in business with all the shuffling of packages back and forth between the same post offices before they manage to find out where it's really going.

USPS automated processing machines are not kind to any magazine, particularly full-size ones without cardstock covers.
This. Also I worked in a place when I was a kid that would attach the address label to flyers, circulars, advertisements, etc and then ship them off to the USPS who would them deliver them. Wasnt all that uncommon for stuff to get bound up in the machine, ripped, crumpled, whatever.
As a side note, when I was in Chelsea, everything I got from a bank or CC company was shredded. Letter carrier eventually ended up on the news for selling coke on his route, lol.

Hard to believe they can stay in business with all the shuffling of packages back and forth between the same post offices before they manage to find out where it's really going.
I once mailed a money order to a place in NE I think. According to the tracking, it went to Honolulu HI and then back to NE. Not sure if it was a glitch in the system or if it actually did go to Hawaii and back.

I'll give a "maybe" on that one.

Our mailman does have a history of not being overly careful.
(Damaged our mailbox with his truck a couple of times)

And he will occasionally fail to close the mailbox after depositing the mail.
That being said, it seems like he leaves the mailbox open EVERY time we have something gun-related.
Magazines, mail from NRA, GOA, etc.
And sometimes, those items will be damaged.

I can't say for sure that he did the damage, as opposed to the sorting equipment.

Back
Top Bottom