US gun laws: Judge overturns California assault weapons ban

Don't you worry the left wing gun grabbers are right on this. They will keep appealing and appealing until they find a friendly appeals court that will quote a dystopian science fiction movie as justification to uphold the ban.

Well it’s a start. But, what, like 5 years before it could get to SCOTUS? The 9th circuit court will almost certainly reverse.

It's hard to know, this is a dope. Dupe:

What would be great is if we could combine them under a Miller v Bonta title... @drgrant ?

Gotta love the moonbat cockbites writing about this in the liberal media claiming the judge is comparing the lethality of a swiss army knife to an AR15, therefore somehow invalidating the logic embedded in this decision.

That line was an analogy about the overall utility of the AR15 and its application for multiple arenas.

The Judget is not claiming AR15's are like pocket knives.

Classic strawman argument from these cucks and an appeal to emotion when they have neither logic, nor law on their side.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Don't you worry the left wing gun grabbers are right on this. They will keep appealing and appealing until they find a friendly appeals court that will quote a dystopian science fiction movie as justification to uphold the ban.
Your conclusions are sound. Even a SCOTUS decision upholding the individual right to own these weapons will likely provide plenty of leeway for state and local governments to restrict them. The Heller and McDonald SCOTUS decisions protect the right to keep and bear arms (in those two cases, handguns) within the home for defense of the home. In theory, at least, a MA LTC could be restricted to possession of a handgun within the home for defensive purposes only, much like the NYPD "premises only" handgun license which most applicants in NYC receive.

Gotta love the moonbat cockbites writing about this in the liberal media claiming the judge is comparing the lethality of a swiss army knife to an AR15, therefore somehow invalidating the logic embedded in this decision.
Pathetic.
Particularly since banning swiss army knives comes somewhat later in the commie agenda,
and they're poisoning their own narrative in advance.

Last edited:
Particularly since banning swiss army knives comes somewhat later in the commie agenda,
and they're poisoning their own narrative in advance.
California lawmakers placed Filipino batangas balisong knives in the same class as switchblades in the mid-1980s. It confused the issue as to the definition of a "switchblade". This led to my felony arrest for carrying a perfectly legal Gerber FS2 lockblade folder with a "Flickit" attachment on the back of the blade for faster one handed opening.

California lawmakers placed Filipino batangas balisong knives in the same class as switchblades in the mid-1980s. It confused the issue as to the definition of a "switchblade". This led to my felony arrest for carrying a perfectly legal Gerber FS2 lockblade folder with a "Flickit" attachment on the back of the blade for faster one handed opening.
Knives and guns are much the same when it comes to laws. The people writing the laws have no experience and just go for whatever they deem as scary because they don't know any better. The matter is complicated by enforcement where interpretation is subjective and because the laws are written by someone who doesn't understand the subject matter, it is vague at best. But clearly, assisted opening != automatic.

Knives and guns are much the same when it comes to laws. The people writing the laws have no experience and just go for whatever they deem as scary because they don't know any better. The matter is complicated by enforcement where interpretation is subjective and because the laws are written by someone who doesn't understand the subject matter, it is vague at best. But clearly, assisted opening != automatic.
The judge, in my case, saw that my Gerber FS2 did not have a push-button or lever and did not have a spring that forced the blade open. It did not meet the California penal code definition of an automatic switchblade knife. The "Flickit" was basically a small piece of stainless steel that clamped onto the back of the blade, providing a bearing surface for the thumb to facilitate one-handed opening. Modern folding knife designs incorporate such features into their blades. The Gerber FS2 and the "Flickit" are old school and now long out of production. Hopefully, my case (and all the trouble it caused for me!) at least set some kind of legal precedent, no matter how minor.

Back
Top Bottom