US Department Of Commerce Asks Gun Holster Companies For Sales Records

The truth is they have every purchase from all those sites collected already. It is just not possible for them to act on it or use that info in court.

Whenever they “ask” for something they are just pretending they do not have it already

From the article "Holster manufacturers don't have a choice" Face fines and penalties" sorry if thats poorly quoted, but still....

So, why wouldn't they have a choice? Is there some law that gov can go to any business and demand sales info absent a warrant or subpoena?

It would be a pretty inaccurate gun registry. Wonder what percentage of the holster manufacturers products are sent to retailers to be sold out to individuals? This would kind of be like trying to make a list of car owners based on who ordered seat covers direct from the manufacturer.

Hah if they came to my house to counter holsters they would think I must have a stash of guns hiding in the backyard. Who doesn't own a pile of holsters?
Same, I've got many that I don't use often, and many that I no longer have anything that fits it. Maybe we should open a 2nd hand holster shop LOL

Hah if they came to my house to counter holsters they would think I must have a stash of guns hiding in the backyard. Who doesn't own a pile of holsters?
Holsters are like purses :) you might need different ones depending on the occasion
ETA - just like VetteGirl - i go through phases of what I like and have multiple holsters for many of my guns

I have an entire drawer full of holsters that I thought would work for me but stopped using after a while. My understanding is that it's not uncommon for people to own many different type of holsters many of which are used once and then never again. I guess I just need to know I'm not alone in having a holster collection lol.

I have an entire drawer full of holsters that I thought would work for me but stopped using after a while. My understanding is that it's not uncommon for people to own many different type of holsters many of which are used once and then never again. I guess I just need to know I'm not alone in having a holster collection lol.
We need to have a holster swap section, since I added a rds to the glock my favorite OWB doesn't work with it. anyone need a Don Hume H717 for a glock?

I have at least 3 holsters for guns that I do not have anymore, several for ones that I do still have, and many guns that I never got holsters for.

It's kinda hard to find gun specific kydex holsters in stores these days...
Well, SE MA encompasses a decent chunk of real estate. If you're on the south shore MK-Tek Holsters in Rockland can sort you out with a custom holster if they already don't have the one you need.

They are building a database so they can cross reference to figure out who to go after first.
Next up... glock and AR parts, safes... im sure they will focus in on the names that are on all the lists, go after them in an attempt to scare others into submission. I'm sure the tactics they used on the Jan 6 protesters will be used here.

Your not. I have a pile as well. This holster for that gun for this type of clothing etc.....they range from when I used to carry 1911's fairly often, then transitioned to Glocks, and don't forget the slew of hunting holsters and chest rigs for woods carry. I gladly give them away when someone needs or is looking for a holster for something specific but I'm a lefty so that kinda narrows the market.

If this is how they are building a database, it has failure written all over it.
They don't care as long as they rope enough people in to set an example.
How many here will get a visit from the alphabet people to prove they aren't manufacturing stuff for sale just because they bought a bunch of parts for future upgrades/repair.

Were I a holster manufacturer:
Feds: "Can I ask you a question?"
"Of course"
Feds: "Please give us your sales records for.."
"Stop. Do you have a warrant or subpoena?"
Feds: " No, but.."
"No. Next question"
This. All day, every day.

Tracking holster sales is pretty weird. Also seems totally nefarious.

"Keep searching for those AR15 holsters- I know they are in there!!!"

[rofl]

Were I a holster manufacturer:
Feds: "Can I ask you a question?"
"Of course"
Feds: "Please give us your sales records for.."
"Stop. Do you have a warrant or subpoena?"
Feds: " No, but.."
"No. Next question"
Yes, unfortunately plenty are like the Gun Parlor and will be happy to hand it over.

Specially when the ATF starts looking at their gun purchase records, the IRS starts paying close attention to their tax filings, DHS/FBI/CIA...start looking at their social media accounts.

And we also have the credit card companies that can easily share that data.

Maybe what they are really interested in are the cash or gift card transactions?... if there is any way to track those.

Well, SE MA encompasses a decent chunk of real estate. If you're on the south shore MK-Tek Holsters in Rockland can sort you out with a custom holster if they already don't have the one you need.

Thanks, I checked out their website and they look like they're predominantly an online provider. Guessing they have storefront too but it's a little out of the way. I googled holster shops near me and there don't appear to be any other than Basspro and the LGS, which don't have what I'm looking for.

I go through holsters like I go through underwear... [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom