• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**URGENT** Joint Committee Voting on H.4121 Tomorrow - Call them Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

NES Member
If they vote this "ought not to pass", does it still go to the floor for a vote?

called my reps. called other gun friendly reps Ive spoken with and left messages for all of them. not a happy mother****er right now.

So much for "listening".

Yup. And so "urgent" that they 'need' to vote on it on a Saturday...wonder why the state doesn't take care of regular business Mon-Fri, never mind Saturday, far from the media and the attention. Those who vote YES on this - I wish they and their families run into a situation where they prey to God they had a gun in their hand, mother****ers.

- - - Updated - - -

No one answering phones.

Of course not, it's a Friday, they're already in the bar. They will bother themselves tomorrow to vote.
Unless of course they vote on the phone so they could stay in the bar.

I left messages for most of them but seems like they are trying to push this through in the dark and hope no one notices.

Talked to an assistant to rep Boldyga and she said they are polling the members now to see if it will be released from committee. It sounds like there is a lot of pressure to see this bill passed.

If they vote this "ought not to pass", does it still go to the floor for a vote?

It can, if the committee votes no DeLeo can still bring it to the floor for debate/amendments/vote.

That's a readers digest version, there would be a bunch of little maneuvers made but it is possible that the no vote would be over written.

I just talked to Sen. Moore's Aide and he told me that they are voting today, not tomorrow. He did say that the senator voted against moving the bill forward. ETA: I talked with the Aide in Chang-Diaz's office and the voting is open today until tomorrow. He would not tell me how the senator plans to vote but he did say that they were getting a lot of calls in opposition and they weren't even taking names down just. Keeping track of the "for" or "against" numbers. I called every other number on the GOAL list and those are the only two live people who I got through too.

Last edited:
Talked to an assistant to rep Boldyga and she said they are polling the members now to see if it will be released from committee. It sounds like there is a lot of pressure to see this bill passed.

By WHO? More people than who called and testified against it? Are the minority who want it more worthy than those against (and who are actually affected by it)?

I called some, will call the rest in a bit... talked to a guy at Timiltys office, the guy who answered for Moore said he was 'polled' already and voted no. Voicemail for the rest.

What's the process here? This is the committee vote, yes? So if the committee votes yes then it goes to the House and then Senate for votes? Even if the committee votes yes tonight or tomorrow there may still be time to alter the bill... is this not how it works?

By WHO? More people than who called and testified against it? Are the minority who want it more worthy than those against (and who are actually affected by it)?

Of course! In each and every aspect of life! Where the heck have you been in the past 30 years?! We mean nothing to them.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF?

First sack all the politicians who vote for and suggest these laws. First off, you swore and oath to protect the Constitution. This is not Protecting it, you people are traitors!!!!

Called all members of the committee, was able to leave messages, not a live person answered the phones.

Is this a procedural thing that will allow the committee to open the proposed shitstain of a bill for amendments, or could changes have been made prior to a vote?

Is anyone getting through? I have been calling for over an hour and getting mostly voice mail or mail box full.I was told by Sen. Michael Moore's aid he voted no in the poling, not sure what that means, but figured I would pass it on.

Called them all only got through to Sonia Chang- Diaz, left a message to some & the others did not answer.

Just spoke with a guy at Chang-Diaz's office. Said that they were getting a ton of calls. He said the committee members had three options, Yes, No, Return to study. If its yes, there will be the ability to amend on the floor.

Tweet from Rep. Boldyga

Nick Boldyga ‏@RepNickBoldyga 46m

Chairs Naughton & Timilty want Favorable Vote from committee on 'Gun Control' bill H.4121 by tomorrow noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom