urgent advice needed

Ok guys I need some advice asap. I am going to submit my license application tomorrow and I am at a loss for what to put in for my occupation. Because I am a student and hold a couple part time jobs. Now my dad says that if I put Student I will get denied or restricted. Also my job is far away from my address and up near my shool so that would seem to raise a flag. My adress is in holliston which is a green town but I work for ups in chelmsford. My dad says to postpone the meeting to submit the application so that I can become a member of a club first and that would help. So what do you guys think I should do and say?,

Ok guys I need some advice asap. I am going to submit my license application tomorrow and I am at a loss for what to put in for my occupation. Because I am a student and hold a couple part time jobs. Now my dad says that if I put Student I will get denied or restricted. Also my job is far away from my address and up near my shool so that would seem to raise a flag. My adress is in holliston which is a green town but I work for ups in chelmsford. My dad says to postpone the meeting to submit the application so that I can become a member of a club first and that would help. So what do you guys think I should do and say?,

I would put down your part time jobs

If you're in a green town your occupation "should" not make a difference.

I would put down your part time jobs

If you're in a green town your occupation "should" not make a difference.

+1, Adding that you are a current student may or may not help too.

Unfortunately, there are some people out there who feel that collage people are better people.[thinking]

I'd say pick whatever job you spend more time at. Or which job is less "threatening sounding", whatever that may mean. [thinking]

I wouldn't think mentioning that you're a student should matter one way or the other. Unless you're a student in criminal justice, or at a police acadamy.

im a holliston resident as well, and having dealt with officer scanlon for my FID, and having talked to people who have dealt with him in the past for their LTC (was given to them unrestricted) you really dont have much to worry about, the station had an NRA sticker on the bullet proof glass on the temp. station while they were building the one on washington street, he's got a .50 BMG round sitting on his desk, and (in the temp station) had this picture hanging up on the wall from what i've seen, as long as you have a sane reason (I.E.- dont write "General Mayhem" or "Revenge") for wanting an LTC a unrest. he'll give it to you

ok thanks, i am really nervracked incase you gents havent noticed, ha so for my occupation i would probably put UPS and sorter. thanks for easing my mind about officer scanlon, is there anything else you suggest i know before talking with him?

will do, and he told me cash or check so im bringing him cold hard cash

A check might be a better idea. It's great for record keeping and you can "kinda" check your status by looking to see if they cashed your check. When the check is cashed you will at least know they did something.

My son applied as a student ( not in holliston) and did not fill in any kind of job, he got his in about 40 days ( it was sitting in the station and they never called, we checked up on it).

ok thanks, i am really nervracked incase you gents havent noticed, ha so for my occupation i would probably put UPS and sorter. thanks for easing my mind about officer scanlon, is there anything else you suggest i know before talking with him?

Just relax, be confident, not cocky. You are merely asking for governmental approval of what should be an inherent right of any free citizen.

>Snip< the station had an NRA sticker on the bullet proof glass on the temp. station while they were building the one on washington street, he's got a .50 BMG round sitting on his desk, >Snip<

The only other advice is don't pick up the .50 BMG round from his desk and start playing with it...at least not until you're licensed! [wink]

Postpone the meeting and call and find out EXACTLY what your town requires.
Don't give or offer anything else

umm, why? this is a very straightforward question on the form. If you have a job, list what it is. If you dont, say unemployed and if a student, list student.

Hell, I put down teacher on mine and was good to go. Your job wont matter unless it is a bargaining chip to get ALP in a red town.

umm, why? this is a very straightforward question on the form. If you have a job, list what it is. If you dont, say unemployed and if a student, list student.

Hell, I put down teacher on mine and was good to go. Your job wont matter unless it is a bargaining chip to get ALP in a red town.

I was referring to the suggestion by his father that he join a club. No sense in doing that unless it is a requirement[grin]

Back
Top Bottom