Urban Camo

Any thoughts on off the shelf "Civilian" cloths that would function as Camo (Green or Black Watch plad) but if contronted can be explained away "Why no officer I wasn't trying to hide from you". Some good info on another thread suggestion the cable/utlitie worker hiding in plain site approach. I like that idea, just have a believable explaination for the tool belt or clip board. Any other thoughts on being able to hide in an Urban Environment without looking like you are hiding?

HOTTIE-MATRIX-DUDE-grandmas-boy-1542240-238-500.jpg

You could try this!!

JP from Grandma's Boy

Think about it. Whitey Bulger has hid in plain sight for years......wearing nothing more than every day clothes.

just wear common street clothes. Jeans, t-shirt, sneakers or hiking boots. Throw a small day pack or school type bag on your back and off you go.

for Urban camo,maybee like a suit and tie (banker look)....or the latest "Hip-Hop" style streetware.

Here are my thoughts:

Stage 1: Initial Events

During your initial events of a SHTF situation, common clothes from street wear to a banker's suit will be great. Don't draw antention to yourself. If you're setting aside clothes I'd recommend jeans or kacki pants, a white undershirt and a light brown, dark blue or light green shirt. A common looking daypack or brief case will serve better than a military style tactical bag. The idea is to blend into the crowd. If you want some extra protection, look at some of the manufacturers who offer day packs with ballistic inserts.

Stage 2: Extended SHFT

After the initial events, looking like a "have" will begin to draw attention. After the first few days, I would strongly consider avoiding suits, brief-cases or anything overt signs of wealth. Keep an eye on the attire of others. If 2-3 or longer days old clothes is becoming the norm, don't go out wearing a freshly washed and pressed suit, it will make you a target and make you stand out. If your job requires you to maintain a clean appearance, consider an over-coat or sweatshirt that you can "dust up" to wear over your clean clothes to avoid drawing attention.

Stage 3: Fall-out

If there is a complete break-down of government, services and authority, it may become possible to take on a more "urban-camo" attire. Look around the enviornment at colors. Most urban envirnments are dominated by grays and dark blues. The condition of a lot of the enviornment will deteriorate from lack of care. This will tend to drive colors to darker, more muted shades. Trash, in and out of garbage bags will tend to collect as well. This make serve for concealment oppertunities.

just depends on your location. peak hunting season in AR you'd stick out NOT wearing some version of camo

Maine (local): jeans and dirty sneakers
Maine (tourist): hunting plaid jacket and duck boots

[smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom