Upstairs Closet Shotgun Storage

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Looking to move my shotgun upstairs into my bedroom closet. It's a good sized closet so I'm not worried about space. The question is the best method for storage and quick access if needed. I'm thinking of two options right now.

The first is a small one rifle shotgun safe mounted to the wall. Shotgun is fully enclosed, mounted to the wall and a quick combo lock on the safe should have the ability to get the shotgun out fast and ready to use.

The second option is a shotgun vice lock. With this only the trigger and part of the receiver is covered by the vice. It would be mounted to the wall and a quick combo lock on the vice would give me easy and very fast access to the shotgun.

A caveat for me is that I'd bring up a Mossberg 500B that has a pistol grip, side saddle and weapons light. Not sure if there is a vice lock that will work with a side saddle and pistol grip. I might give up the side saddle to go with a vice lock as the shotgun is 8+1 to start. If I go with the safe, I can leave the side saddle on.

For quickness I have to believe the vice lock is the fastest way to get access to my shotgun. It's also the way I'm leaning, but with the safe access might be slightly slower and I can keep the extra rounds and store ammo right there.

What do you like better? Also, if there's a third option let me know.

Have you thought about the the Stack-On IWC-55. I know its a key lock but it conceals easily as its in the wall between the studs. It easily holds 2 rifles/shotguns and still has room for a couple shelves for ammo pistols etc..

Looking to move my shotgun upstairs into my bedroom closet. It's a good sized closet so I'm not worried about space. The question is the best method for storage and quick access if needed. I'm thinking of two options right now.

The first is a small one rifle shotgun safe mounted to the wall. Shotgun is fully enclosed, mounted to the wall and a quick combo lock on the safe should have the ability to get the shotgun out fast and ready to use.

The second option is a shotgun vice lock. With this only the trigger and part of the receiver is covered by the vice. It would be mounted to the wall and a quick combo lock on the vice would give me easy and very fast access to the shotgun.

A caveat for me is that I'd bring up a Mossberg 500B that has a pistol grip, side saddle and weapons light. Not sure if there is a vice lock that will work with a side saddle and pistol grip. I might give up the side saddle to go with a vice lock as the shotgun is 8+1 to start. If I go with the safe, I can leave the side saddle on.

For quickness I have to believe the vice lock is the fastest way to get access to my shotgun. It's also the way I'm leaning, but with the safe access might be slightly slower and I can keep the extra rounds and store ammo right there.

What do you like better? Also, if there's a third option let me know.

This is what I use in an upstairs closet for a shotgun and a handgun. Quick access, key or button and fits well in a corner.
http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/478/HDC11E_Home_Defense_Center

aaa.jpg

It looks like a nice unit, but you need to provide power for it to work. Something like that with an internal key lock would be great as I wouldn't have to mess with the side saddle or pistol grip.

I has a key lock as well. Power is not required but available when needed. If you look to the right of the cavity that holds the rifle barrel there's a camlock there.

totally enclosed, no chance of someone tampering with the gun or a mouse crawling down the barrel and dieing.

I like the idea of the ShotLock but it doesn't work with a side saddle, which I have. I supposed I could put a magazine extension on and forego the side saddle, but that's not my current setup.

Back
Top Bottom