UPS hired people to deliver in their personal vehicles.

Delivery services have been running ass out for some time now, it's no surprise they are resorting to personal vehicles at this point. Even in normal times if they didn't rent trucks (Ryder/Penske/Enterprise/whatever) by JULY they were in for a bad time come November.

Delivery services have been running ass out for some time now, it's no surprise they are resorting to personal vehicles at this point. Even in normal times if they didn't rent trucks (Ryder/Penske/Enterprise/whatever) by JULY they were in for a bad time come November.

I towed a disabled Ram Promaster van a few weeks ago which was leased to Amazon.
It had Florida plates on it and they had me take it to a stealthy location in Milford.
The storage yard itself was HUGE, and packed full with vans, but unless you knew exactly how to get in there, it's easy to miss because you can't see it from a main road.
I read a news story about a month ago about the shortage of available vans for sale on dealer lots. This is due to them all getting scooped up by rental/leasing companies for use by Amazon. If a small contractor needs one for his own use, it's slim pickins out there, and he's not going to find any great deals.

Amazon brings my packages to the local post office for final delivery. Before the USPS would pick it up at shipper.

UPS has been delivering to me off and on in personal vehicles all year. My last crate of .50bmg ammo was delivered by a guy in his own personal GM 3500 flat bed truck. When he rumbled down the driveway I thought it was a local wanting to buy some hay. [laugh]

Last edited:
one of my bartenders is delivering for them.
six days a week they puke packages on her lawn.
$20/hr plus mileage/gas money

she's yet to get a check, so i don't know if they are legit with payments.
supposedly only through 1/15
had to commit to six days a week though...
no give on that
if you couldn't do six days they told you to f*** off
Cape Cod

I think my Amazon Prime is extended past my life expectancy age - every time I complain about a late delivery they add a month to my membership. I’ll estimate that Amazon are 70% on time, 20% early and 10% late. But I’m paying for on time, and early doesn’t compensate for late. I’m one of those people who will pay a bit more to get stuff in 2 days vs 5 days, so why pay more and settle for less?

An actual UPS driver, not one of the two we regularly see, tried my door knob the other day. My front door is always locked, and can't in any way be confused with a porch door, it clearly goes directly in to the house. I'm sitting here with my son, and the door knob wiggles a couple of times. Then a hard cop kinda knock. I looked outside, and it's a real UPS van, guy in full uniform but absolutely not one I've seen before, walking away. He left the packages on the walkway. If that door hadn't been locked, he'd have felt the iron-clamp jaws of my hound dog on his face.

An actual UPS driver, not one of the two we regularly see, tried my door knob the other day. My front door is always locked, and can't in any way be confused with a porch door, it clearly goes directly in to the house. I'm sitting here with my son, and the door knob wiggles a couple of times. Then a hard cop kinda knock. I looked outside, and it's a real UPS van, guy in full uniform but absolutely not one I've seen before, walking away. He left the packages on the walkway. If that door hadn't been locked, he'd have felt the iron-clamp jaws of my hound dog on his face.
Sounds like you need a digital doorbell cam or hidden cam.

Postal Service workers here are delivering in minivans, too. Delivery is big business in 2020.

With the rise of Amazon, and Covid restrictions on travel, lots of people are a) ordering product remotely, and b) shipping presents to loved ones.

I just spent $59 at the UPS store to ship two boxes of presents back to MA since we're not driving up for the holidays.

I just spent $59 at the UPS store to ship two boxes of presents back to MA since we're not driving up for the holidays.
You overpaid.

Get a free UPS account online; order shipping materials (free for things like label pouches, express envelopes, etc.). Prepare your label, package and drop off at CVS or UPS Store to enjoy UPS rather than the higher UPS Store rates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom