UPS cancelling accounts, and threatening to seize & destroy shipments

allen-1

NES Member
Link:

Particularly odious statements:
“We write to inform you that UPS has learned that your company may be violating applicable laws concerning the shipment of “ghost guns” to unauthorized locations,” the letter states. “In light of our concern, UPS has determined that it will cancel your account, effective immediately.

Ghost’s owner, Joe Zatar was told all scheduled pickups will be cancelled, and that he cannot reopen another UPS account or ship anything from a UPS store or website.

He is most concerned about the packages already in the UPS system, which he may have already lost.

“Please note that any package found in the UPS system determined to have been tendered by GHOST FIREARMS may be seized and destroyed,” the letter states.

I want to say a bunch of years back, I got a shipment from CTD.
Ammo. It showed up in a plain box that had another labeled box inside. That box was Anne's Chocolate covered cherries.
The ammo was in that box.
No Haz markings. Nothing.

I'm not sure if its a nation wide thing or a regional/ local thing , but down here u.p.s. is run by potatoes, and I'm pretty sure the driver is illiterate.
My last 4 u.p.s. deliveries have ended up at the wrong address, about 2 miles down the road. I met the homeowner of the address to where my stuff was getting delivered.
My last order was from t.s.u.s.a., so because the guy was nice enough to let me know where my stuff was, I gave him a 300 round box of CCI .22.
He doesn't own a .22, but now he has a reason to get one. He's from Commiefornia and was pleasantly that ammo could be shipped and the availability of pretty much any type of firearm or magazine.

Heres the kicker-
U.P.S. won't deliver to his house when he orders anything, they drop it at the post office.

Let the lawsuit begin. Guilty before proven. Love it
Lawsuit on what grounds? UPS is not a government agency its technically a common carrier or currier service. Common carriers and curriers are allowed to accept or deny what they want to transport. Freedom works 2 ways.

All that said.....f*** UPS....FedEx doesn't ask many questions as far as I'm aware.

Lawsuit on what grounds? UPS is not a government agency its technically a common carrier or currier service. Common carriers and curriers are allowed to accept or deny what they want to transport. Freedom works 2 ways.

All that said.....f*** UPS....FedEx doesn't ask many questions as far as I'm aware.
They're not allowed to elect to destroy customer product though. Doesn't the article allege they did just that?

I don't think seizing and destroying private property is part of their shipping contracts.

They're not allowed to elect to destroy customer product though. Doesn't the article allege they did just that?
I was commenting on deleting his account and refusing future shipments I should have been more specific. His current shipments in the pipeline.......if they are so gell bent on not accepting his business just return them. Destroying them.....he's got a case against them.

when UPS gets a pkg from a certain vendor, all they know is the weight of the pkg, the size of the pkg, and where its going to and from. They dont know whats in the pkg. Some large vendors ship by the trailer load. Ive seen vendors fill a 53 ft. trailer with anywhere from 500 to 3500 pkgs, depending on size and weight. It would take a HUGE effort for ups to figure out whats in these pkgs......Either the Govt. is directly involved in this, or they're threatening UPS to do something. Im calling bullshit.........JMO

p.s. i worked there 42 yrs.......

maybe merge this with the first thread?

As a common carrier, UPS must abide by their published tariffs.

I really doubt that tariff says, "We think something might be illegal, so we're seizing it and destroying it."

I hope the shipper's commercial account included insurance. Somebody's going to be paying.

So you would be ok if your internet provider stopped letting you connect to NES? If your phone carrier banned your account for 24 hours if you swore or said something bad about the gays?

I’m not attacking you personally, I’m just sick of people trotting out the “free market” and “capitalism” excuses for shitty things companies do.

They can’t deny service to blacks or women that had abortions, but they can deny gun owners? It’s covered in the bill of rights FFS.

For the sake of argument, let’s say that EVERY insurance company decided that you can’t have any policy of any kind if you own guns? They could use statistics that say people with guns are more likely to shoot themselves (duh) and now you can’t have a car or a house because nobody will cover you. Private business after all.

Back
Top Bottom