UPS cancelling accounts, and threatening to seize & destroy shipments

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Link:

Particularly odious statements:
“We write to inform you that UPS has learned that your company may be violating applicable laws concerning the shipment of “ghost guns” to unauthorized locations,” the letter states. “In light of our concern, UPS has determined that it will cancel your account, effective immediately.

Ghost’s owner, Joe Zatar was told all scheduled pickups will be cancelled, and that he cannot reopen another UPS account or ship anything from a UPS store or website.

He is most concerned about the packages already in the UPS system, which he may have already lost.

“Please note that any package found in the UPS system determined to have been tendered by GHOST FIREARMS may be seized and destroyed,” the letter states.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm not sure if its a nation wide thing or a regional/ local thing , but down here u.p.s. is run by potatoes, and I'm pretty sure the driver is illiterate.
My last 4 u.p.s. deliveries have ended up at the wrong address, about 2 miles down the road. I met the homeowner of the address to where my stuff was getting delivered.
My last order was from t.s.u.s.a., so because the guy was nice enough to let me know where my stuff was, I gave him a 300 round box of CCI .22.
He doesn't own a .22, but now he has a reason to get one. He's from Commiefornia and was pleasantly that ammo could be shipped and the availability of pretty much any type of firearm or magazine.

Heres the kicker-
U.P.S. won't deliver to his house when he orders anything, they drop it at the post office.

whacko

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Let the lawsuit begin. Guilty before proven. Love it
Lawsuit on what grounds? UPS is not a government agency its technically a common carrier or currier service. Common carriers and curriers are allowed to accept or deny what they want to transport. Freedom works 2 ways.

All that said.....f*** UPS....FedEx doesn't ask many questions as far as I'm aware.

Mesatchornug

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Lawsuit on what grounds? UPS is not a government agency its technically a common carrier or currier service. Common carriers and curriers are allowed to accept or deny what they want to transport. Freedom works 2 ways.

All that said.....f*** UPS....FedEx doesn't ask many questions as far as I'm aware.
They're not allowed to elect to destroy customer product though. Doesn't the article allege they did just that?

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

I don't think seizing and destroying private property is part of their shipping contracts.

whacko

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They're not allowed to elect to destroy customer product though. Doesn't the article allege they did just that?
I was commenting on deleting his account and refusing future shipments I should have been more specific. His current shipments in the pipeline.......if they are so gell bent on not accepting his business just return them. Destroying them.....he's got a case against them.

BTSDOG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
when UPS gets a pkg from a certain vendor, all they know is the weight of the pkg, the size of the pkg, and where its going to and from. They dont know whats in the pkg. Some large vendors ship by the trailer load. Ive seen vendors fill a 53 ft. trailer with anywhere from 500 to 3500 pkgs, depending on size and weight. It would take a HUGE effort for ups to figure out whats in these pkgs......Either the Govt. is directly involved in this, or they're threatening UPS to do something. Im calling bullshit.........JMO

p.s. i worked there 42 yrs.......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when UPS gets a pkg from a certain vendor, all they know is the weight of the pkg, the size of the pkg, and where its going to and from. They dont know whats in the pkg. Some large vendors ship by the trailer load. Ive seen vendors fill a 53 ft. trailer with anywhere from 500 to 3500 pkgs, depending on size and weight. It would take a HUGE effort for ups to figure out whats in these pkgs......Either the Govt. is directly involved in this, or they're threatening UPS to do something. Im calling bullshit.........JMO

p.s. i worked there 42 yrs.......
It might be treated like alcohol shipments. I'm a damage clerk there 23 years in. When we get shipments of alcohol we're supposed to damage it all out and claim a total loss. We don't go looking for alcohol shipments though. Even if it's coming from a distillery or winery we destroy it all because it's no longer complete.

I'll wait and see what they tell us. It might be something like "these firearms parts need to be disposed of if discovered."

It's sad when big corps cave to woke shit. It shows you how in bed with .gov they are.

The Anchor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
maybe merge this with the first thread?

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As a common carrier, UPS must abide by their published tariffs.

I really doubt that tariff says, "We think something might be illegal, so we're seizing it and destroying it."

I hope the shipper's commercial account included insurance. Somebody's going to be paying.

Top Bottom