Upper & Lower fit: too tight?

Do you have a set of punches? You could tap the pins out with that and hopefully minimize any damage.

Yes receiver tube / buffer tube. Just a cheap tube so I didn’t expect much. If upper receiver was hitting it, other than the piece of metal sticking out, is it possible I had it in one turn too much as well? It wasn’t touching the nipple on the plunger so I thought it was good. Either way I’ll know tomorrow when I fix it and reassemble.

oh yeah you can screw it in too far sometimes

I have delrin punches so it doesn't damage. Applied some pressure with clamp and everything came out nice. As far as screwing in the buffer tube too far, I went as far as I could while allowing the nipple to sit inside the cutout in the tube without forcing it. Should it be backed off one turn?

I have delrin punches so it doesn't damage. Applied some pressure with clamp and everything came out nice. As far as screwing in the buffer tube too far, I went as far as I could while allowing the nipple to sit inside the cutout in the tube without forcing it. Should it be backed off one turn?
If the tube body extends bast the threading into the area of the upper, then yes. Otherwise no.

You need enough other lowers/uppers to do some swapping and figure out what is out of spec (or get our your drawings and measure everything). That will tell you what to fix. My money is on everything being in spec but the upper and lower at opposite extremes so they dont work together. If you have a known good upper and lower and swap, you might have everything work in every combination except the one you are building.

It almost always turns into extension of the take down pin holes in the upper and move on. A few 1/1000ths extension and it all fits perfectly

I think I may have had the buffer tube screwed in one turn too much in addition to the piece of extra thread that wasn't filed off.. Like i said, without the tube installed, everything dropped in place and couldn't have fit any better if i wanted it to.

Back
Top Bottom