• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upgrading P365 trigger and manual saftey removal?

So I have been carrying the P365 now for a while and want to upgrade the trigger and remove the manual saftey as I never use it. My question is since it is the firearm I would use to protect my family and I, if I had to actually use it to defend myself would I be in more legal trouble because of the upgraded trigger and no manual saftey? Legally are we able to do whatever upgrades to a handgun besides the obvious pistol brace and high capacity mags?

So I have been carrying the P365 now for a while and want to upgrade the trigger and remove the manual saftey as I never use it. My question is since it is the firearm I would use to protect my family and I, if I had to actually use it to defend myself would I be in more legal trouble because of the upgraded trigger and no manual saftey? Legally are we able to do whatever upgrades to a handgun besides the obvious pistol brace and high capacity mags?

There’s nothing that says you can’t change the trigger or safety. If you’re involved in a self defense shooting, anything you’ve done can be spun to show you were out for blood. Training course to teach gun safety? Nah that was marksmanship so you could kill faster. It’s just the nature of owning a gun in Mass.

Brace = Fed and Mass AWB compliance. Non-preban standard cap magazines are Mass AWB compliance. Both shouldn’t be considered in the same category as a trigger job.

There’s nothing that says you can’t change the trigger or safety. If you’re involved in a self defense shooting, anything you’ve done can be spun to show you were out for blood. Training course to teach gun safety? Nah that was marksmanship so you could kill faster. It’s just the nature of owning a gun in Mass.

Brace = Fed and Mass AWB compliance. Non-preban standard cap magazines are Mass AWB compliance. Both shouldn’t be considered in the same category as a trigger job.

Right, I didn't think there was anything against modifying a trigger or manual saftey. I shoot it quite a bit at the range and just wanted to upgrade her a bit. But then got to thinking if I had to actually use it would the upgrades be used against me. I know I'd be screwed regardless in a self defense case just didn't want to tip the odds even more or if it would be a non factor.

Maybe. Maybe not. There have been cases (in other states) where "hair triggers" were brought up in court, for example.

That said, I don't know why you want to change the trigger to begin with.

Not the question that was asked but.........
On the mechanical side. Removing and re-installing the safety device is both simple and quick. I worked at sig when they got the first manual safeties in for production.

With the safety removal, make sure you hold the whole mechanism tightly and release slowly or you will find yourself in the position that I was in, looking for flying parts without any radar to help. YouTube is your friend also!

Maybe. Maybe not. There have been cases (in other states) where "hair triggers" were brought up in court, for example.

That said, I don't know why you want to change the trigger to begin with.
No matter what, if someone is facing a trial, they need the best 2A lawyer available! Such a lawyer would put those sort of accusations by the state to bed. With a public defender, you'd get screwed no matter what you had or what occurred.

Back
Top Bottom