Upgraded my Ruger MKIII today!...Pics

I recently purchased a Ruger MKIII "Hunter" as my first pistol purchase. I promptly put 2,000 rounds through her and came to a few conclusions:
1. I had been spoiled by years of smallbore 3pos with a 2 gram trigger.
2. My eyesight apparently isnt great enough to focus on what I need to anymore.

Solution:
Volquartsen Grips: MMM...These babies are sweet. RH specific with a magazine button extension, wraps around entire frame with hardly a seam. I may try to duplicate in wood....they even fit my small hands well!

Volquartsen Target Sear: I am semi mechanical so I did this myself...basically stripped the frame, swapped out the sear and put it all back together....(easier said than done with this pistol). This was an amazing difference. From a semi-soft maybe 4 pound stock trigger to a glass-breaking crisp 2 pound pull for 20$....this instantly resulted such better scores and grouping that i was laughing between shots.

Red Dot: Its an Adco Vantage 30mm red dot. Works just fine, zeroed very easilly and points where the bullets hit...not much else to say but it sure beats iron sights (for me).

Im having a friggin blast with this thing.

Before:
1.jpg

After:
5.jpg

6.jpg

grip.jpg

wow those are SHARP looking grips.

I bet they FEEL even better than they look!

The other stuff should help tear up the range cards pretty good!

Arrrr

The new ruger stock trigger is pretty awful, but the great thing about them is there are tons of aftermarket parts, as you've already discovered.

Looks great! Still time to join in the postal match going here at NES!

Matt

I got all the parts from http://www.rimfiresports.com/

Today I am stripping it down and will be installing an externally adjustable pretravel limiter screw by drilling and tapping diagonally across the trigger corner. Once I take up some slack, this baby will be good as gold!

I am slowly teaching myself bullseye shooting. With the new stuff, holding it two-handed, i shot a 178/200 on a slow fire target at 50ft....when i go one handed, its a whole different story...but my muscles are slowly adjusting and soon i should be one handing it all the time.

Ticktock I have done the same modifications to mine also except it's the slab sided model not the hunter. I also added the Volquartsen trigger with over travel and pre-travel adjustments. Works quite well.. Just a small amount of creep, I think the only way to fix that would be to drill over sized pins.

If you shoot it alot like I do mine, don't use the bolt release too much, pull back the slide. I had worn the bolt release out in under a year and had to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom