**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

I think I need to upgrade the Primary Arms micro red dot. The dot had been flickering on and off until I added some folded paper on top of the battery to keep it from moving under recoil. Worked okay after 50 rounds today. I suspect the dot will be the next thing I break 🤣
View attachment 440239
Don't break the DW dude!
🤣
Got the new Vortex Venom installed tonight so hopefully I’ll get it sighted in this weekend.

Looks much better on the Dan compared to the bigger Primary Arms red dot.

I did move it further forward from the barrel cylinder gap as I suspect the blast was causing the PA dot to flicker 😂
194BAC32-5CAF-4C4E-B9FE-72DC0CD07ADD.jpeg2C611F2C-B19A-41BB-BC3F-C404A56702EC.jpeg

Seeing just a TINY bit of forcing cone erosion along the edges. Soooo I ordered a spare barrel from DW just in case it’s an issue down the road and DW stops selling barrels and other small parts.
The shiny new stainless barrel arrived today EE13CF0A-6021-4EF7-B4A6-961EFDC89760.jpeg40CE0F18-09CF-4DC4-84CC-87BE0A2F3A84.jpeg

Seeing just a TINY bit of forcing cone erosion along the edges. Soooo I ordered a spare barrel from DW just in case it’s an issue down the road and DW stops selling barrels and other small parts.
The shiny new stainless barrel arrived today View attachment 732926View attachment 732927
How did you order just a barrel? the website only lists barrel / shroud pairs, and then only in some calibers.

The shiny new stainless barrel arrived today View attachment 732926View attachment 732927

Why is the erosion happening?
Are your bullets too light? Soft loads?

When I bought the 357 Maximum, I read the erosion that was happening to people was due to factory loads using lighter bullets than what the gun was designed for, therefore creating lower pressure and somehow eroding the cone.

Could it be something similar here?

Why is the erosion happening?
Are your bullets too light? Soft loads?

When I bought the 357 Maximum, I read the erosion that was happening to people was due to factory loads using lighter bullets than what the gun was designed for, therefore creating lower pressure and somehow eroding the cone.

Could it be something similar here?
Not sure. Hopefully this barrel was heat treated unlike the previous one lol. I’m approaching the same round count as the previous barrel that split and it’s not even remotely as bad. I’m just going to keep an eye on it.
It gets fed close to max charges of 2400 powder under 158 gr JHPs/JSPs

Back
Top Bottom