**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

Not sure if the same rules apply, but when Glock swapped my cracked frame and upped the Gen from 2 to 3 on a 'repair' with a different serial, etc, they just shipped it to my door with a letter saying out with the old, in with the new.
View attachment 405071

Just saw this, re-reading the thread to see what Andrew had broken lately -

Tom Gibson is the same guy who swapped out my G48 after it went asphalt surfing. Had a great phone conversation with him, and rapid turn around. It's funny, because we think of these companies, (such as Glock), being entities unto themselves - and tend to forget that they're staffed by individuals just like us.

Well it didn’t ship this week so I guess it “should” ship next week.

Some sad news, I confirmed with Bob at DW yesterday that their revolvers have officially been discontinued😔

They will still sell barrel assemblies/parts and service them so I guess that’s one good thing. But this will only make the value of DW 715’s climb even more.

Glad I was able to get one of the last revolvers.

Hope you get it soon.

I'd love to have a pistol pack for my 44VH, but it would need to be Monson era. Dunno about their latest offering, but IMO what I have is more accurate and nicer quality than a Python. No, not as collectible- but a better shooter. That's why back in the day the silhouette shooters had DW's and never Pythons. RIP DW revolver production.

That's a bummer about their revolvers, I was really impressed with a new one that I checked out.
It sure is. But I don’t think they were selling a ton of them and the prices were getting relatively high for the average gun owner. I think they would rather just focus all the time, money and effort on building 1911s

Dang I won’t have the last one. I’m sure it will be one from the last batch though.

Interesting they’re still building them “for now” he says. I’m going to assume that means they’re assembling the last remaining frames they have??
C7624EFF-CD79-4E70-BB02-2C44CAD01801.jpeg

Are they still building 1911,s they seem very scarce on the ground?

Judging from what I see in the channel, not many. The plant is in NY IIRC so Cuomo probably f***ed them up pretty bad, if they are making guns they are probably at least a couple
months behind.

Well I got my invoice and tracking (delivery Friday) from DW. Problem is that the invoice says 6" barrel and I sent them the broken gun along with a 8" barrel that was drilled and tapped for scope base. Awaiting to hear back if they’re shipping the 8" or 6". Ugh I don’t want to have to ship it back to them.

Well I got my invoice and tracking (delivery Friday) from DW. Problem is that the invoice says 6" barrel and I sent them the broken gun along with a 8" barrel that was drilled and tapped for scope base. Awaiting to hear back if they’re shipping the 8" or 6". Ugh I don’t want to have to ship it back to them.

Oh, I'm sure they would just say "keep the extra barrel for our f#@k up".......................................... [rofl]

Oh, I'm sure they would just say "keep the extra barrel for our f#@k up".......................................... [rofl]
That would be nice! 😂
I’m thinking Bob shipped it with the correct barrel. But the invoice is from CZ-USA and I suspect they used the gun SKU for the 6" model as they only have 2 SKUs. One for the 6" and one SKU for the 3 barrel pistol pack. So they just picked the SKU that best matched the gun being shipped.

Well it didn’t ship this week so I guess it “should” ship next week.

Some sad news, I confirmed with Bob at DW yesterday that their revolvers have officially been discontinued😔

I'm guessing this is why they are not going to make them anymore.

The Dan is back!! Picked up the shiny new replacement today and got it cleaned up for a trip to the range.

WOW! The high quality machining and the tight cylinder lockup is very noticeable compared to the old one. Trigger is awesome too thanks to Bob reusing the old hammer and trigger that he polished previously.

Went through 100 rounds and I can say it’s just as accurate as the old one. Back to ringing my 8" steel plate at 120 yards.

All in all I am extremely pleased with this so far. And a big shout out to the dealer who transferred this to me (no I am not going to disclose that publicly or in a PM) as I was in between a rock and a hard place getting it into the state. He also straightened out DW through multiple emails which was great.

E46FF7E2-3A97-4B30-9327-E4A43B228DE1.jpeg1C5594EF-0204-46CD-8673-51746FCA65B0.jpeg04EDD9FB-5507-4E21-8375-E1FB2AF82E5E.jpeg4A369ED7-BDDE-4F35-A12C-501740D9530A.jpeg18A47513-C9D8-4F15-BF52-F0BAB44FC344.jpegBAD72BBD-26FB-4BEA-A826-0593C67B7230.png327ECD28-D48B-4A5D-93B4-C3BD8FC488EA.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a 30+ year old gun. Not one of their new 715’s so no warranty unfortunately. But seeing that it’s a barrel bought last year and hasn’t seen many rounds and he admitted via email that there’s some steel issues that’s utter bullshit if I have to be on the hook
did the barrel come with a warranty? Since it was the barrels fault the gun blew up, I would expect them to make it right somehow

Back
Top Bottom