• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

I just need to carefully craft an email to Bob and Keith. I think email is better that way I can bring up Bob's previous email saying its fine to keep shooting etc.
Yes. They won't read it this weekend, so take a couple of days, draft it, save it, come back and read it again.

Yeah it was no biggie. I took 2 shots (after shooting ~40 rounds prior) then noticed I couldn't rotate the cylinder/pull the trigger. I saw the barrel cracked and was like oh that sucks I guess I'll need a new barrel. Then I saw the frame and basically wanted to cry 😂
You can make a lamp out of it now. Maybe display it next to my blown BFR barrel.

Modern art.

Damn....that sucks. I would call and then follow up with detailed email. Nobody got hurt...worst case you have legit excuse to buy a new gun.
Their new 715's are well over a grand unfortunately. But I don't think I should be paying that.

I actually reached out to one of their previous employees on Facebook (he's a member on the DW FB group). He told me the one thing he hated about working at DW was that they didn't back their products. I'm like shit don't tell me that. But this email documentation is going to make it difficult (if they have a conscious) for them to not make right.

Last edited:
I actually reached out to their previous parts/sales rep on Facebook (he's a member on the DW FB group) that was let go during the Rona bullshit. He told me the one thing he hated about working at DW was that they didn't back their products. I'm like shit don't tell me that. But this email documentation is going to make it difficult (if they have a conscious) for them to not make right.
If they don't back it, and you tag all the companies in Instagram + post on the Brian Enos forums and a few others, they will lose more than a couple of customers. It will cost them more to not back it than to back it. They already lost me as a future customer.

Maybe also let them know you shoot USPSA and IDPA every weekend and will be more than happy to take the gun to matches and show 100 people every weekend.

I would save that threat for the last Email if they get aggressive and won't help you.

You can make a lamp out of it now. Maybe display it next to my blown BFR barrel.

Modern art.
You blew out a Magnum Research revolver barrel? Pictures? Not even remotely saying it didn't happen, but depending what it was I imagine it being rather spectacular.

The coonan curse followed you onto this gun

Well that makes TWO .357 firearms. Maybe it IS his reloads. [pot]

I really do hope they resolve this for you though, I have one of the older blued models with a 6" and that would make me very weary of ever getting a replacement barrel.

You blew out a Magnum Research revolver barrel? Pictures? Not even remotely saying it didn't happen, but depending what it was I imagine it being rather spectacular.

They fixed it. I am shooting it again. The guys had a good laugh when I called them.

They fixed it. I am shooting it again. The guys had a good laugh when I called them.
Results did not disappoint. Knew that one would be spectacular. Glad to hear that you were completely safe though.

Email Bob back. Be polite. Say you are just following up as he asked. Send him the pics and a sad face. Make no requests or accusations. See what his response is.
Yeah I was wondering if I should get mad in my email but I'm probably better off staying neutral as you said.

sucks for sure. you've been singing their praises for a bit now, lets hope they come through for you. is dw connected to cz now? i'm hoping the best outcome on this for you!

They should back the thing.
It's not like you calling up whining about a 20 year barrel that you've shot the piss out of.
That's a QC fail all day.
That’s how I see it too. Fingers crossed they don’t be douche bags

Andrew, take the nice approach first and give them a chance to respond in a way to make it right. If they don’t, be clear that you won’t just go away. As others have said, reputations are easy to destroy using social media, forums, etc. And then let them know your lawyer will be in touch. Frankly it won’t be worth the legal fees fighting you vs making it right via warranty or replacement. The fact they told you in writing to keep using the barrel is directly the cause of the issue and they are responsible. Kind of like car dealer telling you to keep driving after you tell them your near-new brakes are failing - and then you crash when they fail. Car dealer will have to pay either through goodwill, their insurance or the courts. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom