• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Updated AWB back in play

I love how the beretta CX4 storm is banned, but the Marlin camp carbine is not. I would love for a Warren type to try to explain the difference to me. Also bans every threaded barrel handgun. And then USAG Healy will "re-interpret" so it bans every semi-auto.

However, the silver lining is it bans semi-auto shotguns with capacity over 5, so I could compete in 3 gun with my unmodified 11-87, right? (JK)

"11 ‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb-12 hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function
13 as a grip. "

So basically any gun.

CT law bans any centerfire semiauto rifle with a detachable magazine that has any fingers other than the trigger finger that is below the action. Pretty much rules out anything other than a classic style rifle stock.

So no more glock 17, because there's a glock 18? I'd say i think that's an unintended consequence but I think the idea is to ban as much as possible.
Nope. The 18 is an automatic version of the 17.

That phrasing has been there since '94 IIRC.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Mini-14 would be banned, but not the Mini-30.

CT law bans any centerfire semiauto rifle with a detachable magazine that has any fingers other than the trigger finger that is below the action. Pretty much rules out anything other than a classic style rifle stock.

Which is completely terrible, but the M1 Garand, M1 and Ruger Minis then are ok by that dumpster fire reg?

I did not click the link, so I have to ask since I saw Feinsteins name mentioned, is this different than the bill those two morons Markey and Warren just posted on the evening news? Trying to get a complete "assault weapon" ban in Mass?

Well said. There is no doubt that liberal dems want to take away all guns. It's become that simple. I'll say it again: they want to take our guns. Knowing what their ultimate goal is should cause Americans to think about any type of compliance.

Yet, there are still many that don't see this. Its obvious if you listen to their rhetoric. All that they talk about is Australia, Australia, Australia and then try and tell you that they don't want to take anyone's guns away!

Notice how they never talk about England...

I did not click the link, so I have to ask since I saw Feinsteins name mentioned, is this different than the bill those two morons Markey and Warren just posted on the evening news? Trying to get a complete "assault weapon" ban in Mass?

Well, Malarkey and the fake Indian don't control MA laws, at least not directly. Are you saying that they filed a bill in the US Senate? Or did some yahoo file one on Bacon Hill?

Well, Malarkey and the fake Indian don't control MA laws, at least not directly. Are you saying that they filed a bill in the US Senate? Or did some yahoo file one on Bacon Hill?

I'll research it, thank you, I walked into the room as the sound bite was ending and just saw "Markey/Warren file total ban on assault weapons bill" slung across my idiot box so I "ass"umed since both those idiots are from here it was a Mass thing.

Nope. The 18 is an automatic version of the 17.

That phrasing has been there since '94 IIRC.

Meanwhile, it looks like the Mini-14 would be banned, but not the Mini-30.
Both the mini 30 and 14 (with the full stock) are on the exempt list.

It's bad enough without getting it wrong, and I don't think anything will happen with this. But then again I was wrong about MA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Both the mini 30 and 14 (with the full stock) are on the exempt list.

It's bad enough without getting it wrong, and I don't think anything will happen with this. But then again I was wrong about MA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Happy to be wrong, I guess. Must have skimmed it too fast.

Or, it's a complete dumpster fire.

From Page 8: "(xix) Sturm, Ruger & Co. Mini-14 Tactical Rifle M–14/20CF." which appears to be a sub-section of "(H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:"

It then exempts (on page 26) the "Ruger Mini 30" and "Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding or telescoping stock or pistol grip)"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom