• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE TO: A bad sound from a gun is...............

Lost my guide rod spring cap on a 1911 that way. Was missing for a month before i found it. And is was Stainless, so no magnet for me...

I'm convinced that once these parts are launched you only have a few minutes to find them. Otherwise they cease to exist. Occasionally they come back and you'll find them sitting in plain sight. My guess is that if those parts could talk they would tell stories about a white light.

I've done this once with a Walther p22 spring thank god the cats felt like playing that day and took off after it like a bat out of hell

I spend 2 hours cussing and searching for a spring the size of a pencil lead one time.
After all that and throwing in the towel , I went upstairs and started to take off my shoes.
The %^&*#$@ thing was stuck in the tread of my shoe . [banghead]

put a bright flashlight on the floor and look for shadows; it's saved me from having to look for replacement parts on lots of stuff over the years.

This

It works remarkably well if you have a smooth floor. Not so great if you have a shag carpet.

You could always vacuum the room (beater bar high) then look in the bag with a magnet or send it through a scanner.

He isn't telling because if he can't find the spring, guess what gun he is giving away next...[rofl]

No no no! I wouldn't do that. Though the first gun I raffled off was the one another NES member shot himself in the foot with when he dropped it. [laugh]

The gun is actually a very old Crossman Marksman 1010 air gun that didn't work any longer. It belonged to my wife's deceased father and her mother asked me to see if I could get it working again so she could give it to their nephew. As luck would have it I fixed it and it was working properly when I lost the spring after taking it apart a second time to make a minor adjustment.

Looked a little more today with no luck. I even did the flashlight on the floor and looked for shadows. No luck. I'm doing the magnet trick next.

You could be taking it apart while sitting butt ass naked in one corner of a completely empty 12'x12' room painted
pure white, and if there's a pencil eraser sized hole in the floor at the farthest corner, that's where the spring will go.

Butt ass naked in a white room? Dude you seriously know how to party. Are you related to Attila?

More likely Howard Hughes.

You could be taking it apart while sitting butt ass naked in one corner of a completely empty 12'x12' room painted
pure white, and if there's a pencil eraser sized hole in the floor at the farthest corner, that's where the spring will go.

I'm convinced that once these parts are launched you only have a few minutes to find them. Otherwise they cease to exist. Occasionally they come back and you'll find them sitting in plain sight. My guess is that if those parts could talk they would tell stories about a white light.

I had that happen with some needles to a record player I bought for Christmas. They disappeared the day after we opened it. Finally found them a week or two ago. Under the refrigerator.

I lost a spring for an hk4.. outside..in fall. And it fell through the boards os a porch.
Ya that really did suck. But as we all know everybody has hk4 springs...

UPDATE: I found the spring!!!!! Doing some work in the basement this morning when I hear something bounce across the floor. I look down and there the damn little thing is. It was over in a corner that I would have never expected the spring to reach. It must have been like the bullet used to kill Kennedy. It somehow made it around a stairwell corner. Not sure how, but glad I found it.

So I put the Marksman Airgun back together AND, it it still doesn't work...... [thinking] Friggin thing. It works fine when I take it apart and test each part, but when all together, nothing..... I guess I need to take it apart again. Dammit!!!

Back
Top Bottom