*UPDATE* Sitting here waiting for SGT.to pick up my son to take hime to MARINE

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
** UPDATE** Thanks to all for all the good wishes. It turns out my son was hurt during training. It is very very hard to get info from him right now. the recruiter said he is in the MRP or somthing. During an exercise a "log" fell on him hurting his back and putting him in the base hospital. It is not critical but will most likely end his hopes for being a Marine, at least at this point. We are waiting to hear about the injury after they evaluate him more. Does anyone know how the military handles injuries like this? Should we be concerned about the level of medical attention he will be getting?
Thanks

Oh boy... Proud but worried.. His date was moved from October sometime to today! They called him this morning and and told him to be packed by 15:00. He is going to Paris Island. I am proud of him but this is a big step for the family. The house seems empty already. I just bought a 92fs for us to train with over the summer... You can feel good that he is going. Great kid (I should say man) . He will help keep us safe.... Oh boy breath..

Last edited:
Wish him luck.

You should be very proud.

Even more proud when he graduated boot camp.

Oh boy... Proud but worried.. His date was moved from October sometime to today! They called him this morning and and told him to be packed by 15:00. He is going to Paris Island. I am proud of him but this is a big step for the family. The house seems empty already. I just bought a 92fs for us to train with over the summer... You can feel good that he is going. Great kid (I should say man) . He will help keep us safe.... Oh boy breath..

Is he going Active Duty or Reserves? We have a kid in work who left in February for Parris Island. He`s going USMCR.

Good luck to you and your son . My son went in last year graduated the end of dec. They made a man of him.You will be very proud,when you see the change. There are marine parents forums that are great for info. good luck

Congrats to you and your son. I know you're proud.

Our son is completing his tech school in June and will be home before being deployed (Air Force).

It's an amazing journey he's starting on.

Don't worry. He is the man you raised. He will rise to the occasion. next time you see him you'll be grinning from ear to ear and amazed that your hard work has come to fruition. He'll be walking tall. I pray he will be kept safe. He has my gratitude for his service.

Last edited:
He has left. flying out tonight. Barely got the cahnce to say goodbye to the boy he was this morning. I know the service will be the polish he needs on the steel he is. He is going in reserves... at least that was the plan before today. we had it planed out so he would be down there when it was cooler ( oct, nov,dec) now he's going to be there until mid july. He did "outstanding" on his asvab tests. He had his choice of many directions. He wanted to be a SAW operator. Now I think he may be heading to supply or somthing . We didn't really get the breakdown. I like this better. I gave him a back pack with 60 lbs of concrete in it, and another to hold. Asked him if it was for him. "It will be when they are done with me". I said do what you feel. I have never served so had no insight for him. Many at my local range are veterans. They gave us some good advice . Thanks to them AND TO ALL OF YOU WHO WISHED HIM WELL. It means a lot right now even if we have never meet

Please convey our sincere thanks for his service. I was in his shoes many many years ago (different branch), they even up'd my entry date like they did to him! Brings back a lot of memories. To ease your mind a bit, if I had a choice to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. Best thing that happened to me, made me the man I am today.

Thanks him for his protection that he will be providing to my family and many others!!

God speed in his time away, we will keep a safe return In the prayers of my family!!!

Back
Top Bottom