UPDATE: Public Hearing on Gun Control - Vermont

VTHunter

NES Member
Update: This evening theVT house voted on the following amendments to S.55. Sadly, they passed.
- Universal Background Checks required for ALL sales & transfers
- Ban on possession of bump-stocks
- Ban on sale/transfer/manufacture of magazines >10rnds
- Set the age to purchase at 21

VT us falling to the out of state 'progressives' who moved to VT because of the way it was, but insist on changing it to the way they want it to be...

PUBLIC HEARING ON GUN CONTROL January 30th
WE NEED ALL GUN OWNERS TO FILL THE STATE HOUSE! (pls wear orange)

WARNING – PUBLIC HEARING ON GUN CONTROL AT THE VERMONT CAPITOL
The hearing will be held at the State House in Montpelier, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Tuesday, Jan 30th, arrive before 4:30pm (if you'd like to speak).

BLOOMBERG GUN CONTROL IS BACK IN MONTPELIER!

There are 3 bills in play:

1.) S.6 Universal Background Check Registration
Bill Status S.6
2.) H.422 Domestic Violence Confiscation
GoVT_2017_H422_Analysis_Page
3.) S.221 Gun Violence Prevention Orders
Bill Status S.221

ALL THREE OF MICHAEL BLOOMBERG’S ANTI-GUN GROUPS WILL BE THERE!!
Gun Sense Vermont, Moms Demand Action and EVERYTOWN!

Many of the SIXTEEN Domestic Violence Groups will be attending!

Gun Sense will be BUSING out-of-state people from THREE BORDER TOWNS near New York, New Hampshire and Massachusetts to the hearing!

Gun Owners of Vermont | Dedicated to a no-compromise position against gun control

Last edited:
Isn't orange the color that the demanding moms wear?

The "Moms Demand Blah, Blah, Blah, etc." group is trying to hijack the color orange from the pro-gun groups in Vermont. Hunter Orange has traditionally been what the pro-gunners have worn to the VT State House legislative hearings, while the antis wore green T-Shirts. The antis have found themselves consistently outnumbered at the hearings. So as not to appear outnumbered, they've shifted to the tactic of also wearing orange and enlisted the help of the media in rewriting the narrative to claim orange as their color. It's their only option. Whatever other color they could use would still expose them as hopelessly outnumbered at the hearings. Of course the media is only too happy to spread the lie that orange is an anti-gun color.

Looks like they've fooled at least one NES'er!

The "Moms Demand Blah, Blah, Blah, etc." group is trying to hijack the color orange from the pro-gun groups in Vermont. Hunter Orange has traditionally been what the pro-gunners have worn to the VT State House legislative hearings, while the antis wore green T-Shirts. The antis have found themselves consistently outnumbered at the hearings. So as not to appear outnumbered, they've shifted to the tactic of also wearing orange and enlisted the help of the media in rewriting the narrative to claim orange as their color.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League has been using blaze orange "Guns SAVE Lives" stickers for many years. You can help both them, and Vermont, by purchasing their stickers here:

Guns Save Lives Sticker Rolls

I don't consider myself to be "fooled" whatsoever. Here in Ma, we generally wear casual/business attire when attending hearings at the state house. No color coordination at all. The 'moms' do however wear the orange garb. Hence my question. ;-)

Maybe this is our problem. State house clearly doesn't listen to us, maybe we should start wearing prison orange.

The liberal mindset. Invading a state that doesn't have much of gun related problem and bringing in non residents to cause a problem.

VT is probably a big target now. It was always the example they hated. If they can get some draconian gun laws up there they can then quote VT's low gun crime rate as proof the law works. Personally I have no sympathy for them as they let the lefties do everything else, they deserve it.

I hope this crap get shot down. But they will implement because they will say it's common sense. Isn't it funny how common sense isn't as common as we thought. Basically a fix to a problem that doesn't exist...

I hope this crap get shot down. But they will implement because they will say it's common sense. Isn't it funny how common sense isn't as common as we thought. Basically a fix to a problem that doesn't exist...
VT is a problem, close to zero gun laws, close to zero gun crime. That's a big problem for Turdberg agenda.

Is there any way to limit attendence to residents?

Is there any way to limit attendance to residents?

I WISH! That's my biggest pet peeve. I hear that the antis may be busing in people from out of state. We're heading down early to make sure we get a seat indoors!!! Sadly, our representatives mostly hail from MA and NJ... I think there's only 1 or 2 native Vermonters in the senate.

Any update on how this went?

It was nice to see so much orange in attendance! Gun Owners of Vermont has a ton of photos on their Facebook page, and I can link you to the news clips and the live feed that was recorded on the 'tube. There was a big tour bus there to drop off the anti's from the flatlands, but I believe they were not allowed to sign up to speak. Strange that the pres of "gunsensevt" who resides in NH was able to. And her 3:00 timer didn't start until 1:00 in! Not that it mattered, almost all of the non-orange speakers read from a professionally scripted verse that all seemed to magically only take 3:01...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfhCLYrgNk

Vt. lawmakers take testimony on gun bills

Thousands speak out on gun laws at Vermont Statehouse
(THOUSANDS did not speak. 40-50 did realistically.)

During the 2014 hearings at the MA statehouse the blue haired Bloomberg sugar-babies were bused in from CT and the Berkshires. It literally looked like Yankee Grandmas for Gun Control TM. The antis have virtually no grass roots to apply professionally funded fertilizer to, it's 99% AstroTurf. Which for supposedly anti-gun New England goes to show you that most 'liberal' people don't actually have an opinion they are willing to put effort or money behind beyond virtue signalling to immediate peers.

Update: This evening the VT house voted on the following amendments to S.55

Point out the non residents that came there to make demands on how people should live,then they go away.
Point out the basic fact of states rights to these meddlers.
Tar and feather, or they dont care.

Update: This evening the VT house voted on the following amendments to S.55
Scary...

All the amendments passed. The senate will now re-vote on the amended bill. Wait until folks at deer camp start getting popped for borrowing a buddies gun. Transfer is defined as:
“Transfer” means to transfer ownership of a firearm by means of sale, trade, or gift." So when does a loan become a transfer? A day in the field, a week at camp, a month to single mom next door who is concerned for her safety?

According to reports, the Senate is not happy with what the House has done.

The original bill was sponsored by Dick Sears, and was supposed to deal with dispensation of abandoned and illegal firearms held by the state. However, it has morphed into a full out assault on VT tradition. Not one of the committee members is a native Vermonter. 'During testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, members of the panel said they were struggling with what they described as a rushed piece of legislation.'

The section of the bill containing the proposed magazine limit generated the most debate Wednesday morning before the Senate panel, as it did on the House floor.
“The attorney general has some serious concerns about the practical enforceability of this measure,” Assistant Attorney General David Scherr told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday morning about the magazine limit provision. “The position is that we don’t support this section,” Scherr said.

And then, there is this: Speaking earlier during testimony on a bill unrelated to the gun legislation, Sears said of the House, “I’m really sick and tired of their BS over there.”

... And then, there is this: Speaking earlier during testimony on a bill unrelated to the gun legislation, Sears said of the House, “I’m really sick and tired of their BS over there.”
Then Sears needs to look to his own colleagues who started the ball rolling by adding "universal background checks" and raising purchasing age to 21 to "his bill", and to his party leadership in both chambers who rammed this through the legislature like $h!t through a goose.

Back
Top Bottom