UPDATE!!! Post 72: Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol - PERMIT OBTAINED!!!

Didn't New Hampshire just go through this in their statehouse?

No.

There has been a on-again, off-again (currently off) House rule against carrying in Representatives Hall. It has never been enforced. There are no metal detectors, and even the most recent (2019) rule that prohibited carry said specifically that no one could be searched.

No.

There has been a on-again, off-again (currently off) House rule against carrying in Representatives Hall. It has never been enforced. There are no metal detectors, and even the most recent (2019) rule that prohibited carry said specifically that no one could be searched.
So there is currently no ban on carrying in the NH statehouse? WAS there one at one point? Your message is not very clear to me.

So there is currently no ban on carrying in the NH statehouse? WAS there one at one point? Your message is not very clear to me.
Correct. There is currently no ban.

The D majority enacted a ban on carrying in Representatives Hall and the House gallery, in January 2019. The new R majority revoked that rule in December 2020.

There remains one rule that says House members cannot openly display any deadly weapon on the House floor.

As for the Statehouse, remember: no one entity controls the entire building (including the Legislative Office Building). The House controls its rooms and offices, the Senate controls its rooms and offices, and the Governor controls the executive branch rooms and offices. There is a joint committee that coordinates things among all three, including the Executive Council.

Rep. Boebert blasts 'baseless' suggestion by Dem lawmaker that she led reconnaissance tour of Capitol​

'To say that I was part of a reconnaissance mission is absolutely disgusting,' Boebert tells Fox News​

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., blasted Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., Tuesday over his "baseless" suggestion that she led a group of people who took part in the deadly Jan. 6 riot on a tour of the Capitol building days earlier. "This claim is absolutely disgusting," Boebert told Fox News Tuesday. "It's offensive. I had my family in the Capitol on January 2nd. I brought my four sons, my mom, my husband, aunts and uncles to look around the Capitol. And then on the 3rd, we took some photos together before I was sworn in. My family left that day."
In an appearance on CNN Monday, Cohen recalled seeing Boebert "taking people for a tour sometime after the 3rd and before the 6th. I remember the day, we were walking in a tunnel and we saw her ... and she had a large group with her.
"Now, whether they were people that were involved in the insurrection or not, I do not know ..." Cohen added. "But it is pretty clear that ... she's not on the home team. She was with the visitors."
BOEBERT BLASTS COHEN FOR 'IRRESPONSIBLE' CLAIM SHE LED CAPITOL TOUR BEFORE RIOT
Some Democratic lawmakers have suggested that the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol Jan. 6 were abetted by members of Congress. However, Cohen's mention of Boebert Monday is believed to be the first instance any lawmaker's name has been vaguely mentioned in connection with the riot.
Boebert told Fox News that most of her family left Washington after her swearing-in on Jan. 3, with the exception of her mother, who Boebert said was "was locked in my office during the attack. So everything that's come out of this is just absolutely absurd ... and to say that I was part of a reconnaissance mission is absolutely disgusting."
The Republican added that she has not been contacted by Congressional or law enforcement officers investigating the events of Jan. 6.

"Of course they haven't, because there is nothing out of the ordinary here," she said. "Many members had their family in the Capitol building. I would like to see their evidence. I would like to see their evidence of what they saw."
The lawmaker also lamented that "this moment that I had -- this is such a rare moment that so few people get to experience. So few people are sworn in as members of Congress. And now this day is completely destroyed because of baseless lies from representatives like Steve Cohen."

She's a traitor and pals around with white supremacists. She doesn't belong in congress.

Attachments

• 139168985_3712413002148679_1415394791898968614_n.jpeg
    139168985_3712413002148679_1415394791898968614_n.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
If you or I can't carry there, neither should some congress critter on day 1. Did she implement the rule-nope-will she take advantage of the loophole, probably. Will anything be done to allow normal Americans to carry there-not in this lifetime.
We should be happy she has the balls to provide a good example. We need more, not less people exercising their 2A rights.

She's a traitor and pals around with white supremacists. She doesn't belong in congress.
What evidence do you have that Boebert knew the people around her in that photo anyway? Or that they are who you say they are?

What do you think about members of Congress balls deep in CCP spies? Or hanging around Palestinian terrorists? Or the Nation of Islam? Or bailing out rioters that burned down minority owned small businesses? Or were serial leakers of & liars about classified information? Or covered up for serial pedophiles or killers of male prostitutes? Or those that went along with weaponizing the Department of State, DoJ, and intelligence agencies against political rivals?

Proud boys, the first "White Supremacy" group lead by a Hispanic. Yeah, not buying that coffee with your 50 cents.

Go hang with some real skinheads, if you aren't of northern European descent, you aren't 'white' enough.

Back
Top Bottom